Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Generation Selects Turtler and Gulf (Snaptrap and Skalor) at Zing/EB

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    400 for the set? Yea nah. I want them, but not for that price
    Agreed! That is $400 that can go towards Unicron

Compared to something like MP44 where you get a truck, trailer and a few dicky accessories for 500+ bananas, this seems the better value option to me.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    And of course I don't get paid until 1am tomorrow morning...
    They are still up, so maybe they have until the end of tomorrow, or got an extension for being so slow putting them up in the first place.

Nope, just went to put my order in, gone

Both Turtler and Gulf are available again from EB Games and Zing, if anyone still wanted to get them but missed out the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    They are still up, so maybe they have until the end of tomorrow, or got an extension for being so slow putting them up in the first place.
    I got the missus to order for me before it was taken down. I'm suckered into getting them

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    But hey, I really like the Combiner Wars line overall & so I'm thrilled they're doing the last team.
    Psst... there should be one other

Well, I did it.

I'm one of those jerks that rags on something and then goes ahead and buys it anyway..

I went to have another look at it on Friday and the listing was gone, having time to think about it this week, I realise that I'd rather have it even at that crazy price. I've saved money on other things in the past so I guess this is balancing the scales. If a box set is announced (significantly cheaper) at some point down the road I can always cancel the pre-order.

I looked at it as, since it's a generations select item and being offered on Hasbro Pulse in this format, there probably won't be a separate US based release, most likely. And as others have said it's probably a comparatively small run so there is an increase in unit cost. There are significant mould changes to other combiners and it's not the sort of team to be presented again any time in the near future so if I don't grab it now I'm not going to have the opportunity.
    Being limited if I don't end up liking it, I shouldn't have too much trouble moving it.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

The first set which was initially due on Jan 25 had its release date pushed back to Feb 21. Now I've been told that it's been pushed back again to mid March with the other two sets coming out in late March. I've been told that the shipment is held up at Customs due to coronavirus.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I've been told that the shipment is held up at Customs due to coronavirus.
    There's a big backlog of stuff coming in since some Chinese business and post have started going back to work since stopping for the virus.