Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Generation Selects Turtler and Gulf (Snaptrap and Skalor) at Zing/EB

Other is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Default Generation Selects Turtler and Gulf (Snaptrap and Skalor) at Zing/EB

(edit by admin - added images and extra details)

The Japanese Generations Selects Seacons are starting to show up on Zing and EB Games, with the first two (Turtler/Snaptrap & Gulf/Skalor) now up for pre-order, for release January 25th 2020. (the remaining four should be released later, and hopefully will be at Zing/EB as well)

Turtler/Snaptrap - $100 (deposit of $30)
    https://www.zingpopculture.com.au/pr...turtler-figure
    https://www.ebgames.com.au/product/l...turtler-figure

Gulf/Skalor - $60 (deposit of $10)
    https://www.zingpopculture.com.au/pr...ts-gulf-figure
    https://www.ebgames.com.au/product/l...ts-gulf-figure

Those prices may be expensive (twice the normal price of these sized toys), but be aware that those are their prices in Japan and America, as these are almost entirely new toys that recycle some previously used parts, but have a much smaller production run compared to toys that have a regular release at retail.

Just be quick to order these if you want them from EB or Zing, as the pre-order pages will only be up for about a week.
    Last edited by griffin; 16th August 2019 at 09:39 PM.

WOW, I don't understand where they(Hasbro/Takara) are getting off charging so much for these? they're hardly worthy of the title exclusive. We're looking at $400 for a full set, that's insane for 5 deluxes and a voyager.
    I'd like a set of seacons but at those prices I'll buy another Unicron first.

I'm optimistic that at some point down the road they produce a proper box set that turns out a little cheaper. If I miss out, I think that's just how it's going to have to be.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I was initially aghast at those prices but with Robot Kingdom they come to $156 shipped so there is really no difference. It sucks but at least it only requires a deposit whereas RK requires it all upfront. Still cheaper than buying direct from Hasbro Pulse.

i'm not hanging the blame on Zing/EB, I think the price in japan and on hasbro Pulse is also insane. there is no difference between these and any other team of combiners that hasbro have made in the last few years. If they were really cutting edge transformations i'd be more willing to accept an increase in price but these are going to be the same combiner wars designs, even most of the development cost would have been covered in the earlier designs.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    WOW, I don't understand where they(Hasbro/Takara) are getting off charging so much for these? they're hardly worthy of the title exclusive. We're looking at $400 for a full set, that's insane for 5 deluxes and a voyager.
    I'd like a set of seacons but at those prices I'll buy another Unicron first.

I'm optimistic that at some point down the road they produce a proper box set that turns out a little cheaper. If I miss out, I think that's just how it's going to have to be.
    i'm not hanging the blame on Zing/EB, I think the price in japan and on hasbro Pulse is also insane. there is no difference between these and any other team of combiners that hasbro have made in the last few years. If they were really cutting edge transformations i'd be more willing to accept an increase in price but these are going to be the same combiner wars designs, even most of the development cost would have been covered in the earlier designs.
    +1

I totally agree - I really want those guys but not at that price. You can pick up the BBTS exclusive of the original 6 reissue for cheaper. Considering how much the other teams have cost this is total blatant gouging

Oh I totally agree.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    I was initially aghast at those prices but with Robot Kingdom they come to $156 shipped so there is really no difference. It sucks but at least it only requires a deposit whereas RK requires it all upfront. Still cheaper than buying direct from Hasbro Pulse.
    God damn...anyone got an idea what ttmall purchases would be like roughly using a 3p handler?

I just wish these were in a box set like they used to be, least I can have them all at once -_-

Other is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

TTMall price for the two is 11,124 yen, which is roughly 154AUD atm
    https://takaratomymall.jp/shop/g/g8000000001320/
    So not much more different than the Zing price before any additional fees for either.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Other View Post
    TTMall price for the two is 11,124 yen, which is roughly 154AUD atm
    https://takaratomymall.jp/shop/g/g8000000001320/
    So not much more different than the Zing price before any additional fees for either.
    Gah, this is only encouraging me not to keep buying tf's for next year ><

400 for the set? Yea nah. I want them, but not for that price