Thread: Optimus Prime Coins from Canada

Default Optimus Prime Coins from Canada

Remember when the Perth Mint did some official Transformers coins for ROTF and DOTM.... well the Canadian Mint has done some coins that are also legal tender - not that anyone would spend them, particularly since their cost is a lot more than their monetary value.
    There are two being produced, which are now on sale - a 25 cent coin with a lenticular image of Gen1 Optimus in both mods, and a 25 dollar coin of pure silver with the face of Gen1 Optimus that has glowing paint on the eyes.
    There are 25,000 units of the 25 cent coin at C$35, while there are 3500 units of the 25 dollar coin at C$160.

Only available to North American addresses, so if you want these, you'll need a friend or shipping forwarder.

Images here for when the listings come down later when sold out.

The 25 cent coin is just beautiful, and they should have gone the other way (the c$160 coin being the transforming lenticular) because that's what people would want to buy more than anything. It's risky sending coins internationally, and I'm going to have to declare full value I think in case its lost, but it really is a beautiful piece.

I'd strongly advise people arranging a reshipper. If you were on the fence about using one, now might be the time to try one out.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

These really are nice, I think I prefer the simplicity of the more expensive coin, but not being a coin collector it's hard to justify for my collection. The cheaper one, I'll be getting that I think.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)