Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hasbro going green

could be more along the lines of the Siege Sideswipe/slamdance set, the box is pretty abut it's all cardboard. great opportunity for lots of fantastic box art.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Whilst I would miss the windows at the front as I like to see the figure I am buying on those odd times I actually purchase in a bricks n mortar store, I think its a great idea.

We mega reuse and recycle on our farm, partly because there is no rubbish pickup where we are and have to take our trash to the tip ourselves. We produce zero kitchen waste for example because all the food either goes to the animals, in the compost or in the comfrey patch. And I've hoarded every milk bottle from the last 2 years in order to put liquid fertilizer in. As such I've felt guilty when I get a huge shipment of toys, and after opening a ton of them one of the bins is half full from plastic inserts. I'm perfectly happy for that to change.

What if... What if Hasbro does go the plain packaging route but on each box is a QR code and scanning it with your phone opens up box art in an augmented reality app? It presents an opportunity to have some limited animation e.g. laser fire or a moving star field.

That tech certainly exists, but how many parents are going to follow through with that? apart from those of us on forums like this.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

But there is a sort of precedent for it, the RID 2015 mobile games, heck it could feature tech specs