Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hasbro going green

Default Hasbro going green

In recent years Hasbro has announced various "green" initiatives and has been telling everyone how it wants to be a more responsible toy company to the environment (despite most of its product being made by oil-based plastics)... and their latest quest is to remove all plastic from their packaging by 2022 (starting next year).
    This means, no more windows on boxes, no more plastic insert trays, and no more plastic bubbles on card-backs.
    (it's worth noting that their previous green initiative of replacing the plastic twist-ties with paper ones only lasted about a year)

If this does indeed happen, our retail toys will most likely be a combination of toys that are open-packed (like the current 1-steps minus the plastic), or completely boxed (like the last few Titans that had all cardboard inside the box).
    Obviously the main issue us serious collectors have with this is that we won't be able to check out the products in-store before we buy them, or even know that there is a toy in the box until we open it after purchasing it.
    But considering the growth in online sales over in-store sales, most toys will be bought unseen anyway... and if you think about it, an online purchase will be safer than an in-store purchase when it comes to stolen or swapped-out toys. And as long as you are buying from an online store that has a replacement/refund policy for defective items, without costing you anything extra, then these sorts of toys may just be the future of online purchasing.

So don't be surprised if you start seeing new product images at some point in the next two years, being of packaging that has no windows to them.

Doesn't look like Earthrise will have green packaging. https://www.seibertron.com/transform...grapple/44065/

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Doesn't look like Earthrise will have green packaging. https://www.seibertron.com/transform...grapple/44065/
    It's probably scheduled for somewhere between 2020 - 2022, but the packaging lately is clearly labelled with what is and isn't recyclable, so just remember to separate the cardboard and plastic.

I find opening Black Series and Marvel Legends to be a pain sometimes, especially if you are trying to keep it quiet so this might be a good step hehe

So it's basically the Generations Select style exciting brown cardboard packaging & stickers at mass retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    So it's basically the Generations Select style exciting brown cardboard packaging & stickers at mass retail.
    This response just killed my phone's sarcasm detection app

It might mean a completely plastic free product in the future. Think Generations Select outer box, and origami cardboard figure
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

I would not be surprised if in a few years time ALL Generations toys came in those Select style boxes because the only way to buy them will be online and store friendly packaging is not required.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I would not be surprised if in a few years time ALL Generations toys came in those Select style boxes because the only way to buy them will be online and store friendly packaging is not required.
    I'd prefer a Gen Select style box over the packaging the cheaper toys come in.

When petrol runs out, all toys will need to be in green packaging. Oh... there wont be any toys coz they are made from plastic.

Can imgaine a world without toys?!