CONSTRUCTICON TACKLEBERRY
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Studio Series
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 7
    Released here - August 2019
    Approximate Retail Price - $23
    Approximate Size - variable; 10cm to top of head/shoulders, max crane arm height = 19.5cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Sub-Group - Constructicon
    Alt-mode - truss crane
    Main Features/Gimmicks - combines with other Studio Series Constructicons to form Devastator
    Main Colours - yellow and black
    Main Accessories - N/A

This toy is just ridiculous. Only recommended if you want to eventually complete Studio Series Devastator or if you want to complete all of the ROTF Constructicons above Legends size. Otherwise not really recommended as this toy doesn't hold a whole lot of independent value as a stand alone toy.

I'm sure he'd make a great florist.

I?m a big fan of this figure, and I?m not really even into the movie toys. I think it?s just so different that?s it?s interesting. It has Metal Gear like proportions, and a lot of range on the legs.

Seems like a rather impractical robot mode to me. Those T-Rex arms really are useless (at least T-Rex compensated with a massive jaw and huge teeth).

Round 1: FIGHT!

Drift wins. Perfect victory.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Only recommended if you want to eventually complete Studio Series Devastator
    Yep, pretty much. As a stand alone toy it's awful (yes I am aware it's meant to be screen accurate).
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Seems like a rather impractical robot mode to me. Those T-Rex arms really are useless (at least T-Rex compensated with a massive jaw and huge teeth).

[i]Round 1: FIGHT!
    Come on. This is where you drag out Prime Soundwave for some proper long armed humiliation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Yep, pretty much. As a stand alone toy it's awful (yes I am aware it's meant to be screen accurate).
    Actually Legends Class Hightower is more movie-accurate (and much cheaper too). But I'm glad that this toy isn't as movie-accurate as the movie model is even f'uglier than the Studio Series figure! Note that I said "movie" accurate and not "screen" accurate as Hightower's robot mode was never actually seen on screen, so technically SS Hightower's robot mode isn't screen-inaccurate either. Studio Series Scrapmetal also took more liberties with his movie model. Although Scrapmetal's robot mode was briefly seen in the film, it was under poor visibility so we never get a good look at his robot form anyway.

It appears that HasTak are taking greater creative licences with the robot modes of Bayformer characters whose robot modes are either never seen or poorly seen on screen. I'm personally completely fine with this as in both cases they've improved over the movie designs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellico View Post
    Come on. This is where you drag out Prime Soundwave for some proper long armed humiliation.
    Good idea!

Vehicle mode

A yellow truss crawler crane. The on-screen crane was a Kobelco CK2500, and while the basic layout is the same, numerous details are different.

Transformation

On the whole, the transformation isn't really complex, but getting the legs in the right configuration can be a bit challenging the first couple of times, because they have numerous joints. The same goes for transformation back to crane mode, when it's time to fold up the legs.

Robot mode

The movieverse is known for its 'alien' design aesthetic, and Hightower is a good example. The large legs and small arms with two-fingered hands definitely evoke a Tyrannosaurus rex, yet the head is somewhat humanoid. With the legs fully straightened, Hightower stands just short of 17.5cm to the top of the crane.

Articulation is limited. The head is mounted on a ball joint, but the range of movement on the joint is limited. The neck has a total of three hinges, but these only allow vertical movement. The arms are hinged at the shoulder, but have a very limited range of movement. The legs, on the other hand, have a total of six rotating or hinged joints each.

As Hightower was never seen on-screen in robot mode, and his design only exists as concept art, on-screen fidelity isn't a problem. The concept art depicting this design was shown as part of the Art of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen exhibit back in 2009 at the Bondi Pavilion. I managed to dig up a photo I took at the event, and the accompanying text - at least part of it - called it 'rough form study A'. The implication is that this design was going to be refined, but as the character never ended up on-screen in robot mode, it was probably 'abandoned'. Still, I'm imagining Hightower was probably 'meant' to be used for actual construction, or perhaps support to drag wounded comrades back from the front lines, as opposed to actual combat. If that truss crane was bigger or could articulate (look up photos of the Kobelco CK2500 - some of them have been fitted with pretty big cranes), Hightower would have a substantial reach and he could even do some damage with that claw if he could move fast enough.

The Studio Series backdrop is the same Egyptian quarry that came with the other Constructicons released to date.

The growing Constructicon team.

Verdict

Hightower's unique design means he won't be for everyone, but like Rampage, he will stand out on a shelf. I like him because of his unconventional design, and while he's not great as a plaything, as a display piece, he works just fine.

Obviously he's necessary if you want to make Devastator. Otherwise, he's best left to completists or people who like unusual designs.

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I see that head and I think

Huh, looks like I've been transforming the neck incorrectly. Although to say that it's an improvement is akin to putting lipstick on a sow.
    WALL-E has a more functional form than Hightower!