Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TakaraTomy Mall exclusive Seacons wave 2 AND reissue Big Convoy for February

Default TakaraTomy Mall exclusive Seacons wave 2 AND reissue Big Convoy for February

Yes, we just had a reissue Big Convoy (the mammoth) from TakaraTomy... in two different colours in the last 12 months (blue & cartoon decos), but now they think that after those two, there would still be demand for a reissue done in the original toy colours.
    Actually, they probably don't see a demand, because they have included a couple of accessories that are from the Japanese Beast Wars Neo cartoon - a giant Matrix-Buster cannon and a figurine of the Navi drone.
    (which really sucks for those of us who have the original, when they should have included these with the cartoon coloured version, as these are cartoon accessories)

This third Encore Big Convoy is to be released as a TakaraTomyMall exclusive in Japan in late February, for 9720yen (about AU$135 at the moment).
    (mirrored images here when the listing goes)

The more exciting news, for those who pre-ordered the first two Seacons... the second pair have now been listed on TakaraTomyMall for release in February (the first wave comes out in January). With the exchange rate continuing to fall, these are getting to be about AU$55 each
    Just like with the first wave, they are listed as a pair, and separately on TTM. (mirrored images here for when the listings go)

- Kraken & Lobclaw (Seawing & Nautilator) - LATE FEB (8208yen)
    - Kraken (Seawing) - LATE FEB (4104yen)
    - Lobclaw (Nautilator) -LATE FEB (4104yen)

Hopefully the listings appear on Zing and EB Games soon, so that we can get onto reserving this second pair.

Last edited by griffin; 21st September 2019 at 11:11 AM.

Waiting for EB to put up their orders now. These look actually really good

The Seacons are up on Hasbro Pulse for pre-order.

Exclamation

These are the currently listed Seacons:
    https://hasbropulse.com/collections/...3A+Takara+Tomy
    It looks like not all of them are there yet.

Still trying to decide if I want Pihranacon, if these were the actual prices, I’d be happy to pay them, but for Australian customers, the exchange rate increases the cost.

Snaptrap will cost 88 AUD, each limb 50 AUD, so 338 AUD into total (using current AUD>USD exchange rate).

From the preview pictures, are they still using an undersized foot module?
    That most likely means there will be 3rd party modkits within a year of these toys being officially released.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tilarta View Post
    These are the currently listed Seacons:
    https://hasbropulse.com/collections/...3A+Takara+Tomy
    It looks like not all of them are there yet.

Still trying to decide if I want Pihranacon, if these were the actual prices, I’d be happy to pay them, but for Australian customers, the exchange rate increases the cost.

Snaptrap will cost 88 AUD, each limb 50 AUD, so 338 AUD into total (using current AUD>USD exchange rate).

From the preview pictures, are they still using an undersized foot module?
    That most likely means there will be 3rd party modkits within a year of these toys being officially released.
    They'll be using the titan returns foot modules that came with the voyagers, not the HFG's from combiner wars

Were there any foot modules in the Titan Returns line?
    I didn't see any Combiners in the product line, so I am uncertain why there would be foot modules if there was no Combiner to go with them.

I thought the Titan Returns line was based around imitating the Headmaster designs and applying them to nearly every Transformer who was not a Headmaster.

Here is what the preview image shows:

It looks like the standard Combiner foot assembly to me.

They're from Power of the Primes. The feet seen on Volcanicus and Abominus are different to the earlier Combiner Wars feet.

Seawing’s helmet looks like he has cat ears lol
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Maybe Seawing is a catfish.

Those feet look like they’re using a hand module to form a heel spur, so I assume they’ll have to put 4 hand modules in the assortment line to allow 2 of them to be used for this purpose, as the other 2 will have to be used for Pihranacon’s actual hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilarta View Post
    Those feet look like they’re using a hand module to form a heel spur, so I assume they’ll have to put 4 hand modules in the assortment line to allow 2 of them to be used for this purpose, as the other 2 will have to be used for Pihranacon’s actual hands.
    Yeap. Turtler(Snaptrap) comes with the feet. The rest each come with a hand.