Released here - Yes (9/2019)
    Approximate Retail Price - $29
    Approximate Size -
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode - Shark
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Spark Armour
    Main Colours - blue, blue, yellow
    Main Accessories - Driller Drive

So, I finally bought a Cyberverse toy.... I must say that after handling a few previous Cyberverse figures in person I did not feel compelled to buy anything from this line. However, after hearing very good feedback about Spark Armour Sky-Byte from Vairn, I thought I'd try and get one after work this afternoon. Clearly, I was successful.

Unlike previous Cyberverse figures, the bot mode has a pretty decent range of articulation, aside from no neck swivel or tilt. Plastic feels solid, not thin at all. Joints feel a little too tight if anything.
    Comparing this to previous Cyberverse toys it's obvious Hasbro are trying to change the reputation of the line - great!

Getting it into shark mode is fairly easy, but not condescending. Parts lock in place as they should. The Driller Drive is nothing special, but it's an okay accessory.

The spark armour mode isn't as nice in person as I thought it would be. My biggest complaint is how hidden the face is behind the helmet bit, otherwise it's okay. I prefer the core bot personally. At least this is a Cyberverse gimmick that exists outside of the core bot instead of compromising it, so you can leave it if you don't like it.

As a fan of RID 2001 I'm keen to vote with my wallet and encourage more homages like this where possible. All in all it's a fun figure that I'm glad I purchased.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

He is a sweet little legends class Skybyte,
    Baby Skybyte, do do do do do.
    Glad you found one.

Agree with you about the helmet obscuring the face, mine had loose elbows but I fixed it with some GW ardcoat

二十ドル
    春で買ったか
    俺買わん

A Spring time release?
    At 29 bucks retail
    It's a no from me

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    Agree with you about the helmet obscuring the face, mine had loose elbows but I fixed it with some GW ardcoat
    Interesting. The elbows on mine have loosened up since I got it, but they still hold a pose. Before they were too tight as I mentioned. Wonder if maybe I'm lucky or you're unlucky.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Interesting. The elbows on mine have loosened up since I got it, but they still hold a pose. Before they were too tight as I mentioned. Wonder if maybe I'm lucky or you're unlucky.
    On mine the elbows were loose and the shoulders are tight but have loosened a bit. To free up tight ball joints use some dishwashing liquid applied with a toothpick to the joint, does wonders.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    二十ドル
    春で買ったか
    俺買わん

A Spring time release?
    At 29 bucks retail
    It's a no from me
    I got mine with the toymate discount, they're also turning up at target and myers at full retail price so there'll be a sale price sooner or later.

Had a fiddle with this toy today. Definite improvement over previous Cyberverse toys, although that's not a high bar.
    It is a pretty neat little figure. I find the transformation to be simple but elegant and intuitive. I like how the shark mode is actually in a straight neutral position and not in a permanent turning position like the original Gelshark (TM2 Cybershark) or Generations version (the former is turning sideways while the latter is turning downwards; obviously inspired by the breaching position seen in the last ep of CR). The shark mode is a bit bulky for my liking (not terribly aquadynamic!) and the lack of true head articulation is disappointing.

Interestingly enough this toy is clearly inspired by the IDW version of Sky-Byte (which is also what Generations Sky-Byte was based on) rather than Gelshark.

I was surprised that Hasbro went to the trouble of keying the inside of the drill so it can slip over Sky-Byte's fist.

IMG_20190916_115818
    by Nathan Soehardi, on Flickr

2019-09-16_12-09-34
    by Nathan Soehardi, on Flickr
    Last edited by SMHFConvoy; 16th September 2019 at 11:19 AM.