Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: War For Cybertron - Earthrise

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    I did, yeah they look great but there's just soo G1 that they are filling up the same space as Masterpiece. I wish they'd try something new.
    On the down side, it means that I'm skipping the CHUGs that are too similar to MPs (e.g. Siege Sideswipe, Red Alert, Earthrise Grapple etc.), but on the up side it means that I'll grab CHUG versions of MPs that I'm not getting (e.g. ER OP instead of MP44)

I think that we have had a few new characters (for CHUG) from Siege, e.g. Reflector, Sixgun, Cog, Brunt (!!), Shockwave, the freakin' Powerdashers (does this mean that a CHUG Time Warrior may be possible?) etc. At least this Optimus Prime is doing something different with the trailer/combat deck (which no other CHUG OP has done IIRC), and Big Daddy and Trip Up are new.

I totally want CHUG to keep on exploring previously undone characters too. I want to keep crossing off more characters on my CHUG G1 catalogues!

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Hopefully a bunch of new (or rarely done) characters rock up for this one. Ironworks is a great start!
    Here's hoping! My dream is to see all of G1 done as CHUG. Come on Hubcap!
    I wonder if TakaraTOMY will create a new name or stick with "Earthrise," cos uh... well, ya know.

Some gorgeous figures but they really are becoming very sam-ey. I know that hasbro have to try and walk the thin line between new figures and catering for nostalgia fuelled purchases but I feel like Prime and Grapple really merge into not that old figures that have been released recently. Which is awesome for those new to collecting or that missed out on the previous versions.

In a way I suppose with transformers being very similar in design styles for the last decade or so (bar the movie stuff), hasbro is very much damned if they do and damned if they don?t.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Some gorgeous figures but they really are becoming very sam-ey. I know that hasbro have to try and walk the thin line between new figures and catering for nostalgia fuelled purchases but I feel like Prime and Grapple really merge into not that old figures that have been released recently. Which is awesome for those new to collecting or that missed out on the previous versions.

In a way I suppose with transformers being very similar in design styles for the last decade or so (bar the movie stuff), hasbro is very much damned if they do and damned if they don?t.
    Grapple came out 8 years ago, and the style difference is quite noticeable. I love my Grapple and Inferno, but this cartoony boy is looking mighty attractive.

Prime’s a weird one. We got the POTP one which was basically Orion Pax with a body suit, then the Siege Voyager, which looks nice but is a bit small. I hope this new Optimus is decently large, as I need something that scales with my CW Leader Megatron.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

If they are giving us red decoders, Powerdashers and Reflector, a Time Warrior is becoming more and more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    ...then the Siege Voyager, which looks nice but is a bit small. I hope this new Optimus is decently large, as I need something that scales with my CW Leader Megatron.
    The press release says it’s the same height as a Voyager and speculation is it’s actually a retool of the Siege toy. It’s leader class because of the trailer accessory (kinda like Siege Shockwave).

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    The press release says it’s the same height as a Voyager and speculation is it’s actually a retool of the Siege toy. It’s leader class because of the trailer accessory (kinda like Siege Shockwave).
    I'm not convinced it's a retool. There are things like how the wheels don't end up on the sides of the torso and also the upper leg/hip bend are different. I'll grant that the upper arms look a bit similar to Siege, but it's a Geewun Prime so there are always going to be similarities with previous toys.
    The biggest similarity I can see is the lower legs, but if you look carefully below the knee, ER is thicker than Siege is, so it could just be that they are super similar rather than retool.

Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Does anyone else just yawn whenever they see a new Gen Optimus Prime figure now? They're all beginning to blur into the same thing.
    Yeah... for a franchise so rich in characters, nothing excites me more than another G1 inspired rehash.
    Why do they even bother with new lines? Just make everything a sloppy love letter to G1 from now on. It's all they seem to be doing anyway

I kind of like Siege Prime more - I mean yes he's got those forearm flaps and paint flecks (although they're growing on me), but I like how upright his stomach and chest is, and the wheels tucked into his sides feel like a really natural thing for him to have. The Earth one, I mean he looks great, but I won't really regret not having him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Oh, this is interesting. That prime looks OK. I thought it was a missed opportunity that Siege Prime didnt have a base-trailer action going on, especially with all the combat bizzo dudes. But... they are super duper G1 like. Hopefully a bunch of new (or rarely done) characters rock up for this one. Ironworks is a great start!
    It's why I bypassed the Siege Prime. I have so many Optimus now that I only buy ones that come with a trailer as well.

Yeah, Ironworks is definitely the stand out, it's a great idea. I quite like Grapple as well.

When I first saw the reveals I was like another Optimus prime , yay, at least has a trailer. Like the Grapple, I missed the masterpiece version. Looks like there are more reveals, Starscream voyager in earth mode, which is nice if it leads to cone heads. Hoist is also welcome, oh let?s not forget Cliffjumper.

Quote Originally Posted by Bemblebuu View Post
    The rear wheels on the Prime trailer look terrible. Really brings down the whole look.
    Was thinking the same thing