Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: War For Cybertron - Earthrise

Just noticed ER Prime's hands are hinged.

It seems to me that Earthrise Starscream is just a larger version of the 2006 Classics SS with almost identical transformation scheme.
    Recent Acquisitions: MP-53+B Dia Burnout
    (Pre-)ordered: Missing Link C-02
    Wants: Encore Headmasters!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I wonder if TakaraTOMY will create a new name or stick with "Earthrise," cos uh... well, ya know.
    aaaaaa~ ha ha ha ha. Yesssss. It will be interesting to see how they deal with that one

Quote Originally Posted by High_Q View Post
    It seems to me that Earthrise Starscream is just a larger version of the 2006 Classics SS with almost identical transformation scheme.
    Yeah, not what I was expecting. Disappointing.
    That Prime might fill a hole in my collection though. I have no MP version and the last non-bayverse prime I picked up was the Henkei G2 deluxe.
    But please, for the love of Primus, can we have a Sunstreaker!?
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

I suspect we will get Sunstreaker from Wheeljack.

I quite like that Cliffjumper! Hoist is good too.

Starscream is a bit of a let down, but I thought that about SS Starscream too so I'll hold my judgment.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

I hate to be negative, but in all honesty, Earthrise looks completely boring. Way too Geewun. Aren't we all over that by now? Hasbro needs to start taking some risks with the franchise, before they run it into the ground with the constant obsession with 1984.

Some more reveals!

Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

I am most drawn to Ironworks, partly because something that looks new (even if it is just old and obscure) is appealing, partly because it suddenly lends more credence to bringing back Micromasters. I might actually get a few to go with him, and hopefully there will be more modular bases over the horizon.

It is interesting to see a G1 Cliffjumper freed from the super-deformation of the Penny Racer look, almost like seeing his true self for the first time.

If Starscream is essentially an up-sized Classics Starscream I will be okay with that. I like that design, in particular its lack of faux-parts, but always felt it was too small in comparison to Autobot cars of the same line, so this to me is correcting a past wrong.

Are there too many Primes? Yes. Even just in Siege Part 1 there were how many? I recently got the live-action Bumblebee Prime (which is a confusing name) and think it could just about work alongside Generations toys anyway. All the precise panel-tabbing frustrates me, but both modes look great.

Hey does Grapple now sport a grapple?

Quote Originally Posted by klystron View Post
    But please, for the love of Primus, can we have a Sunstreaker!?
    Is there anything wrong with the previous 2 CHUG Sunstreakers?
    Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather see CHUG focus on doing new characters who've never had a CHUG form before. They'll always be a must buy for me. I skipped Siege Sideswipe for this same reason. I only got Siege Red Alert because it was cheap ($10 loose ). I skipped CW Sunstreaker and I don't imagine myself getting an ER Sunstreaker if it were ever made. <shrugs>