Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: War For Cybertron - Earthrise

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Is there anything wrong with the previous 2 CHUG Sunstreakers?
    Yep.
    I don't like them, although I have the Combiner Wars one out of necessity to make Optimus Maximus. Contrary to some of the opinions here, I'm not done with overly Geewun CHUG yet as I missed a lot of the early ones. I also understand your frustration, but keep in mind new people are joining or rejoining the fandom every year.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by High_Q View Post
    It seems to me that Earthrise Starscream is just a larger version of the 2006 Classics SS with almost identical transformation scheme.
    I just hope they spent extra on mold development, so they can continue to crank out seekers for years to come. I'd kill for an earthrise Redwing
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Is there anything wrong with the previous 2 CHUG Sunstreakers?
    Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather see CHUG focus on doing new characters who've never had a CHUG form before. They'll always be a must buy for me. I skipped Siege Sideswipe for this same reason. I only got Siege Red Alert because it was cheap ($10 loose ). I skipped CW Sunstreaker and I don't imagine myself getting an ER Sunstreaker if it were ever made. <shrugs>
    It’s because we have a new Sideswipe, with a new alt mode, that seems to be quite superior to the old one. It makes sense that they make a new one to match, and he hasn’t actually ever got his own unique mold.

I don’t think Hasbro are writing off other characters for the sake of including these guys either. It seems clear they have a goal for the line, and add the 87 onwards characters when they want, not as extras they just throw in or pad a line with.

I wouldn’t count the CW redecoes as true updates, more conveniently some easy repaints that mostly don’t capture much of the characters they represented, and are outmatched by previous and future versions.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I would totally buy the **** out of that!
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Thats going to be better than CHUG 'Streaker!
    I skipped Siege Sideswipe cause I'm happy with the CHUG one - a mold that makes an "ok" Sunstreaker, but not great one. (Car bonnet must = feet!). I only have it cause there's no real alternative, and even then it needs reprolabels, a custom missile hand, and a better gun. But it does save me from fiddling with the MP version all the time.
    Dont rate the CW repaint at all, sorry.
    And has Sunstreaker ever had a Cybertronian mode release? I was hoping for a Siege one...
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by klystron View Post
    Thats going to be better than CHUG 'Streaker!
    I skipped Siege Sideswipe cause I'm happy with the CHUG one - a mold that makes an "ok" Sunstreaker, but not great one. (Car bonnet must = feet!). I only have it cause there's no real alternative, and even then it needs reprolabels, a custom missile hand, and a better gun. But it does save me from fiddling with the MP version all the time.
    Dont rate the CW repaint at all, sorry.
    And has Sunstreaker ever had a Cybertronian mode release? I was hoping for a Siege one...
    A lot of the Classics/Universe carbots have aged considerably next to recent versions, especially the Datsuns and Ironhide/Ratchet. The lambo bros managed to evade that age, but they are succumbing a little too now. The appeal for them for me mostly is Swipe, Sunstreaker and Red Alert all having the same alt mode, but the Siege robot mode looks way better if I’m honest. Hard decision. Could always sell the older bots, or put them on another shelf.

The universe Datsun bros are just straight up ugly and bad-looking, so I’m glad they got a worthy replacement.

2010 Wheeljack has survived the age I think, he looks pretty decent still.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by klystron View Post
    Not that Siege Sideswipe's car mode is terribly Cybertronian. Come on, that's got to be the most Lamborghini-looking Cybertronian vehicle I have ever seen!

This digibash of Override / Nitro Convoy reminds me of the Select Hot Shot, and that there’s of course things other than G1 to redo (but G1 is where the money is)

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    I also understand your frustration, but keep in mind new people are joining or rejoining the fandom every year.
    I sort of want to 'Like' this post somehow.

I'm still happy with the first CHUG Sideswipe/Sunstreaker combo, but I do think it's a good thing for people coming into/back into collecting to be able to get characters they want without the massive after-market markup. I just also want more obscure/not-done-yet character repaints/remolds as well, so that 'older' fans can enjoy the new molds and fill out their collections without having to have like 50 versions of the same characters (which is also fine if that''s what floats your boat, but I like getting updates of characters who haven't gotten one yet myself).