Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Thread: War For Cybertron - Earthrise

Yeah, unfortunately while they are focussing on Micromasters with WFC, we don't have a Legends/Scout size-class (the Micromaster 2-pack takes up that price-point), so any Minibots sized toys from the original series, are either going to be too big to match previous ones, or too small to be worth paying a Deluxe class price for it (or both).
    I would have preferred they do a multi-pack of in-scale Minibots, at the Deluxe or Voyager price point, because if that Cliffjumper is bigger than the previous Generations Minibots, it just won't fit in... and if it is the same size as Titans Return Bumblebee, no one is going to be wanting to pay $30+ for it.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Yeah, unfortunately while they are focussing on Micromasters with WFC, we don't have a Legends/Scout size-class (the Micromaster 2-pack takes up that price-point), so any Minibots sized toys from the original series, are either going to be too big to match previous ones, or too small to be worth paying a Deluxe class price for it (or both).
    I would have preferred they do a multi-pack of in-scale Minibots, at the Deluxe or Voyager price point, because if that Cliffjumper is bigger than the previous Generations Minibots, it just won't fit in... and if it is the same size as Titans Return Bumblebee, no one is going to be wanting to pay $30+ for it.
    I'd say he will be on the smaller side of things and that massive gun and skis are there to make up for why you're paying a deluxe price. I'm actually okay with this as I'd want those accessories anyway.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

I'm glad CJ is going to more or less fit in with the Minibots that have been done as Legends figures in previous lines. Though I do wish Hasbro could charge a Legends price point, not Deluxe for him given his size.

Those pics are underwhelming. The poor colour matching on Hoist is unforgivable. Wheeljack and Cliffjumper both look odd in robot mode and their vehicle modes

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Those pics are underwhelming. The poor colour matching on Hoist is unforgivable. Wheeljack and Cliffjumper both look odd in robot mode and their vehicle modes
    I gotta admit that Wheeljack doesn't look spectacular in robot mode, though at least better than his last outing in Combiner Wars. I didn't even notice the Hoist colour issue until you pointed it out - now I can't unsee it!

Overall I am really liking this group of figures however. I wonder if we are going to get any more c-list characters that rarely get a toy besides Ironworks and the Micromasters. One of the things I liked about Siege was so many characters getting figures for the first time in years, or getting their first Classicsverse treatment ever. I guess Hoist and Grapple are B-listers.
    Last edited by BigTransformerTrev; 15th November 2019 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    The poor colour matching on Hoist is unforgivable.
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    to give us a clearer look at what these toys should look like (they would still be pre-production samples though).
    I'm refraining from passing judgement on Hoist until there are in hand pics. Hopefully, the mismatched colours aren't a thing.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    I'm refraining from passing judgement on Hoist until there are in hand pics. Hopefully, the mismatched colours aren't a thing.
    I hope so too. Between this and the mystery of the Optimus Prime fist colours the promotional materials are problematic

Thing is with Hoist - I'd be happy if he was either of those green shades... just not both at the same time!

The earlier shots and renders have Hoist more consistently coloured. Here's hoping...

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Was checking out Takara's site today and looking at the picture, Grapple is exceptionally orange in robot mode.... It's a shame about the TTmall exclusive shenanigans, but the Transformers section in stores has been shrinking and shrinking. Almost to the point where some stores that used to carry Transformers don't anymore.
    Zoids get more advertising and shelf space here than Transformers do.

Incidentally, Takara have kept the name earth rise, which while to the average Japanese fan makes sense if you use Japanese phonetics to pronounce it, it turns into the unfortunate "ArseRise."

Americans wont get the joke though

Also, Optimus is cleverly called

"Optimus Prime with Trailer"

Catchy
    In case I haven't posted up the link to the official TakaraTomy page for Earthrise
    The page mentions four more items, in addition to the four for April, which could also be for April...
    - Ironworks (Deluxe)
    - Hot Rod Patrol (Trip Up & Daddy-O) (Micromaster 2-pack)
    - Military Patrol (Bombshock & Growl) (Micromaster 2-pack)
    - Starscream (Voyager)

Cliffjumper looks like a kid trying on his parents shoes that are way too big. Wheeljack looks like someone has clobbered him on the head and lost his neck. The alt modes look ok.

I dig the alt modes of the micromasters just wish they were better.