Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: War For Cybertron - Earthrise

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Trying to work out where Hasbro have stolen Cliffjumper's alt mode from.
    The front end is kind of 1988 Celica'ish, but the rear has me stumped. I want to say RX7 FC35, but I'm unsure
    I saw this on twitter after the reveal suggesting its a Mitsubishi Starion.

Interesting. According to TF Wiki, Earthrise wave 1 will feature Siege Smashdown and Astrotrain with updated packaging. I guess they're struggling to fill out the line?
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

And there we are. Cheers Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Interesting. According to TF Wiki, Earthrise wave 1 will feature Siege Smashdown and Astrotrain with updated packaging. I guess they're struggling to fill out the line?
    Or they know late waves get underordered and this keeps product around longer? It’d be like the early years where a figure could be in the line up for more than a year (or couple of months as it’s been recently).

I’m all for this already thinking it will be hard to find Rumble/Ratbat, Ring and Spinister etc since wave 4 has only just started appearing overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Or they know late waves get underordered and this keeps product around longer? It’d be like the early years where a figure could be in the line up for more than a year (or couple of months as it’s been recently).

I’m all for this already thinking it will be hard to find Rumble/Ratbat, Ring and Spinister etc since wave 4 has only just started appearing overseas.
    Fair point. I'm not against it, in fact I missed out on Smashdown myself so will definitely grab the ER version.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Some gorgeous figures but they really are becoming very sam-ey. I know that hasbro have to try and walk the thin line between new figures and catering for nostalgia fuelled purchases but I feel like Prime and Grapple really merge into not that old figures that have been released recently. Which is awesome for those new to collecting or that missed out on the previous versions.

In a way I suppose with transformers being very similar in design styles for the last decade or so (bar the movie stuff), hasbro is very much damned if they do and damned if they don?t.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Yeah... for a franchise so rich in characters, nothing excites me more than another G1 inspired rehash.
    Why do they even bother with new lines? Just make everything a sloppy love letter to G1 from now on. It's all they seem to be doing anyway
    I can understand this point of view, as every older child/collector line besides Studio Series seems to be preoccupied with G1 homaging. We've had on and off G1 homaging since the original Classics line launched in 2006. I suppose I can't complain too much, seeing as I've bought Unite Warriors and Siege figures, but it does get repetitive seeing Hasbro seemingly set on recreating or homaging the same four years of Transformers, with the odd figure or gimmick referencing a later toyline.

Official packaging images have already been found for Earthrise Voyagers Grapple and Starscream.

Now we have official toy images for Grapple and Starscream to go with the box pictures, from an American online store.

And from Japan comes official toy images for Optimus Prime, Hoist, Grapple and the Battlemaster Soundbarrier (the one that transforms into a ramp).
    The source of the info notes that Grapple and Soundbarrier are going to both be TakaraTomyMall exclusives, which sounds unusual for Grapple to be a limited hard-to-buy figure from Earthrise, but it isn't the first time that's happened in Japan. One of the Transformers movies had the first few Megatron toys be exclusive to ToysRUs in Japan, making the main Decepticon in the current movie, more difficult to obtain than it should have been.
    These first four Earthrise figures will be released in April in Japan, a month after Hasbro countries can start getting their Earthrise toys.

• ER-01 Hoist
    • ER-02 Optimus Prime with trailer
    • ER EX-01 Sound Barrier – Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive
    • ER EX-02 Grapple – Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive

Was checking out Takara's site today and looking at the picture, Grapple is exceptionally orange in robot mode.... It's a shame about the TTmall exclusive shenanigans, but the Transformers section in stores has been shrinking and shrinking. Almost to the point where some stores that used to carry Transformers don't anymore.
    Zoids get more advertising and shelf space here than Transformers do.

Incidentally, Takara have kept the name earth rise, which while to the average Japanese fan makes sense if you use Japanese phonetics to pronounce it, it turns into the unfortunate "ArseRise."

Americans wont get the joke though

Also, Optimus is cleverly called

"Optimus Prime with Trailer"

Catchy

Someone has Earthrise Optimus Prime in hand. It appears on the final version Hasbro may be going with blue eyes and blue hands.

https://www.seibertron.com/transform...s-prime/44177/