Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: War For Cybertron - Earthrise

Looks like TT ER Grapple is going with a flat grey for his face whereas Hasbro's is silver.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    In case I haven't posted up the link to the official TakaraTomy page for Earthrise
    The page mentions four more items, in addition to the four for April, which could also be for April...
    - Ironworks (Deluxe)
    - Hot Rod Patrol (Trip Up & Daddy-O) (Micromaster 2-pack)
    - Military Patrol (Bombshock & Growl) (Micromaster 2-pack)
    - Starscream (Voyager)
    They have the pictures, but there is no listing for those guys on the TTmall website so I doubt they'd be for april as well. I think they are just using the promo pictures to advertise the "gimmick" of the line there. Starscream and Optimus promoting the change from Cybertron modes to earth modes. Ironworks promoting new Base-forming figures. And the other guys being battlemasters for the bigger bots.

Looks like hoist has battle damage on the hood as well. Sigh, at least it isn't as pronounced.

From the same online source as the other official toy images, comes images for Optimus, in and out of box.

The parts of the trailer where the wheels are have changed from blue in the first post pic to now grey. i think that looks nicer.

More in hand stuff with Earthrise Optimus. This time a video review. Once again we see blue hands and blue eyes. Either there are two versions coming or all the stock images are of preproduction versions.

https://news.tfw2005.com/2019/11/22/...-images-401071

Oh dear. I was really looking forward to an Optimus with trailer, but that is so short. And the figure looks small in comparison to Galaxy Prime. Looks like size really DOES matter
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Oh dear. I was really looking forward to an Optimus with trailer, but that is so short. And the figure looks small in comparison to Galaxy Prime. Looks like size really DOES matter
    Earthrise Prime doesn't wear his trailer as armour, so he is going to be shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    The bot is the same size as Siege, but the reason it's classed as a leader is because of the trailer, so you are still getting your value for money, but not height. Personally, I prefer it in this scale and we've had larger CHUG Primes in the past if that's your thing.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Three more Earthrise toys confirmed for Japan, with another one to be a TakaraTomyMall exclusive (Micromaster 2-pack Trip-Up and Daddy-O). Maybe Siege didn't do so well in Japan, so more of the Generations toys will just be a limited release through TakaraTomyMall. (it isn't surprising, as a fair chunk of the Japanese versions would be bought up by Westerners because they had different colours or accessories - now they aren't getting those foreign sales because they are identical, which could be killing off the collector line in Japan)

ER-03 Wheeljack – 2800 Yen
    ER-04 Ironworks – 2800 Yen
    -
    ER EX-03 Micromasters Trip-Up & Daddy-O – Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive – 1500 Yen

I wonder if Hasbro pressured Takara for consistent paint apps to prevent competition, or did Takara just underestimate how much of their base was overseas collectors? When it was different colours I was often on the fence, but extra accessories like arms-microns made it essential to buy a TakaraTomy spare
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!