Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Generations Select Tentakil and Overbite at Zing/EB Games.

ME: Sooooo, EB, Zing...we really need to talk about the price gouging you've got going in with the final Transformers Piranacon releases??? The first release was $60, the second $68 and the final $78...!!! You guys were heading towards being a good go-to for Transformer exclusives but this sort of bullshit has me and others looking for other options. Don't expect the same pre-sales on these as you had on the first two.

EB GAMES: Hey Jade, thanks for reaching out to us today with your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the cost of Overbite and Tentakill. Prices are set at RRP by the local vendor and is not something we are able to directly control.
    We have noted your feedback and will forward this on to our Buying Team when they're back in office during business hours next week so they're aware of this. If you would like to forward us any further feedback or questions we are always happy to assist where we can. - Mac

I mean, I didn't expect an actual answer but "we don't control our own price"??? That's just...weird

Quote Originally Posted by Sutton View Post
    I mean, I didn't expect an actual answer but "we don't control our own price"??? That's just...weird
    I think they may be trying to say: Hasbro saw how you guys jumped on the first lot so decided to jack the price up to make more out of the fans. We got them for 4 out of the 6, may as well shaft them as much as we can on the last 2.

It was good while it lasted to buy exclusives locally. But push up the prices and you push away customers. If this current trend continues, guess I'll just source from cheaper online alternatives. 156 for 2 deluxe figures is just price gouging.

Which is exactly what I've done. I found them for 124 for the set shipped so I bought it online. Local be damned.

Robotoyz has the deluxes for $60 each.

https://www.robotoyz.net/search?type=product&q=seacons*
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

I just don't feel comfortable spreading this as news on facebook and twitter because it would look like I'm endorsing the price gouging.
    Considering Asian sources haven't bumped up their prices like this and I'm likely to get this 3rd set from somewhere like ohmyprimus, it would also be a bit hypocritical for me to encourage others to spend an extra $30 from the local source.

Maybe it would also be a good test of how many sales we generate for EB Games by not promoting this one and see what numbers they get.

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    I actually suspect it's more to do with the "trade war" which pushes down currencies like ours. Nonetheless, it's a lot. I've ordered; but am happy there's no more to come. It's an expensive exercise!
    Well that excuse is gone since Trump backed down from sticking all these draconian trade sanctions on China that he had bragged he was gonna do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutton View Post
    ME: Sooooo, EB, Zing...we really need to talk about the price gouging you've got going in with the final Transformers Piranacon releases??? The first release was $60, the second $68 and the final $78...!!! You guys were heading towards being a good go-to for Transformer exclusives but this sort of bullshit has me and others looking for other options. Don't expect the same pre-sales on these as you had on the first two.

EB GAMES: Hey Jade, thanks for reaching out to us today with your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the cost of Overbite and Tentakill. Prices are set at RRP by the local vendor and is not something we are able to directly control.
    We have noted your feedback and will forward this on to our Buying Team when they're back in office during business hours next week so they're aware of this. If you would like to forward us any further feedback or questions we are always happy to assist where we can. - Mac
    At least they responded and responded politely, despite their answer being complete bollocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    I think they may be trying to say: Hasbro saw how you guys jumped on the first lot so decided to jack the price up to make more out of the fans. We got them for 4 out of the 6, may as well shaft them as much as we can on the last 2.
    Would EB/Zing be getting them through Hasbro Aus or straight from TakTom in Japan? Either way, it's total gouging and yeah, relying that people who bought the first four would of course buy the last two

Like many of you, I'll be looking further afield. I had trouble stomaching $60 for a deluxe and was embarrassed that I then went and paid $68 each for the second set. No way could I respect myself paying over $150 for two deluxes

I had preordered the first 4 through Zing, even with the price increase of wave 2, but now I'm just going to cancel all my preorders and get them elsewhere.
    It's cheaper to just import them all or even buy them from other Aussie online stores, and I'd rather have extra money in my pocket especially if EB/Zing are going to make bs excuses.
    So well done EB/Zing, doing this has not only cost you sales of the last two but also of the first four.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I just don't feel comfortable spreading this as news on facebook and twitter because it would look like I'm endorsing the price gouging.
    Considering Asian sources haven't bumped up their prices like this and I'm likely to get this 3rd set from somewhere like ohmyprimus, it would also be a bit hypocritical for me to encourage others to spend an extra $30 from the local source.

Maybe it would also be a good test of how many sales we generate for EB Games by not promoting this one and see what numbers they get.
    I'm surprised at Zing, considering that Wave 3 is actually cheaper on OMP than Wave 2.