Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Generations Select Tentakil and Overbite at Zing/EB Games.

That's really sad... bloody greed.
    Just like scalpers.
    You try to support local businesses and rather than sustain the relationship, they go for short term profits.
    Not cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Tranceblade View Post
    I'm surprised at Zing, considering that Wave 3 is actually cheaper on OMP than Wave 2.
    Indeed....

EB Games wave 2 is AU$136
    EB Games wave 3 is AU$156

OMP wave 2 is AU$115 (plus shipping)
    OMP wave 3 is AU$95 (plus shipping)

EB Games went up by $20 for the pair, while OMP went down by $20.

EB Games ends up being $156 for the 3rd pair, while OMP will be about $120 shipped.

Very disappointing.

Another reason to support your hip pocket & not local.

It'll be interesting to see their preorder numbers of this pair compared to the previous ones. I can't see alot of us supporting them if you can pick up the pair for 30 bucks cheaper online.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    EB Games was price-gouging us with the second set, as they got them at the same price as the first Deluxe... so I really want to find out who is responsible for this new massive spike.
    I need to retract this as I found out today that the Australian RRP for the Deluxe Seacons was meant to be $70 but a mixup of numbers somewhere with the first set meant that Gulf/Skalor was under-priced. I'm not going to ask who was the cause of the mixup, but it may be the case (my speculation only) that the third set were adjusted to make back the money they lost on the first Seacons.

It still doesn't make me want to encourage other fans to spend $156 for a pair of toys that can be bought elsewhere for about $120 shipped.

It also doesn't justify EB Games to blindly charge RRP if they are only ordering what they need, which means no risk to them... and we are doing all the work advertising these toys for them, making these toys even more profitable for EB Games.

Either way, it doesn't really matter, the price is insane for a pair of deluxes, even the price I've paid through Oh My Primus is nuts. but less nuts that supporting local on this.

I really am impressed with their pricing and payment structure for Unicron. I hope it ends up being representative of future items they list.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I need to retract this as I found out today that the Australian RRP for the Deluxe Seacons was meant to be $70 but a mixup of numbers somewhere with the first set meant that Gulf/Skalor was under-priced. I'm not going to ask who was the cause of the mixup, but it may be the case (my speculation only) that the third set were adjusted to make back the money they lost on the first Seacons.
    If they're overcharging $20 for two deluxes in wave 3 to make up for undercharging $10 for one deluxe in the first wave then that's still what we could call price-gauging.
    Not that it affects me, but those who did buy off EB/Zing have every right to be annoyed.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Even if the Voyager was also under-priced by $10, it doesn't make it right to over-price on a later two items to make up for it... they just have to wear the "loss" if it was their error, or get a discount from Hasbro if it was their error.

Besides, my thinking is that EB Games shouldn't be charging anywhere near RRP on these anyway, because they aren't spending any money on advertising (the fansites are doing it for them, for free), and they aren't buying the stock at a risk of if it will all sell (they only order what they already pre-sold, and maybe have to sell off a couple of cancelled orders, which don't take long).
    So why do they need the full wholesale-to-retail profit margin... when we are have been a cash-cow for them lately.
    It's like free money for them, only having to spend a negligible amount of money on a product page that they whip up in a matter of minutes (they often lazily paste in a google-translated text from the TakaraTomyMall listings)... and shipping them to stores when they arrive (with their rest of their truck load of stock, which would make it less than a dollar per item). Labour costs would also be negligible per unit, at their warehouse and at the store, for the few seconds spent handling each item at both locations.

The thing that I would really be interested in, is how their sales numbers are doing so far with the 3rd set, since we haven't been promoting it on our various sites.

From Electron onwards, we've really been pushing the EB Games exclusives, and the feedback is that those more recent items that we have been promoting heavily on here and on facebook, have had significant increases in sales, compared to the four items before Electron (I didn't get to promote them much because we were having board issues, so they were disappearing before I had the time to look into them and advertise them, and it was before I was made aware that EB Games were only able to pre-sell these Japanese Transformers for a couple weeks before a deadline set by Hasbro).

OMP wave 2 is AU$115 (plus shipping)
    OMP wave 3 is AU$95 (plus shipping)
    Thanks for those links. I've never shopped with OMP before but considering the big price difference I've created an account and preordered.

I'm disappointed with the prices of the latest Seacons at Zing/EB, however after Unicron and Ectotron they are still in my good books. I hope they return to providing these hard to obtain figures at fantastic prices