Thread: Dry eyes thread

morg176 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Default Dry eyes thread

As mentioned in the I need to vent thread, I have very dry eyes.
    Been that way for years. Over the last couple of years, its got worse.
    Vision is blurry, but I can see larger things well enough, have trouble with letters and reading.
    Couldnt renew licence.

Seeing a different doc now as others either could help or fix it.

While I was searching for something that would help, found eye drops from japan.
    They are called DIQUAS (diquafosol tetrasodium)
    They are supposed to increase tears and mucin
    Not available in Au
    Is there a way to safely buy them from japan/sth korea/vietnam and be sure they are the real deal?
    Customs?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

My doctor has recommended Melatonin tablets to help with a sleep issue I have. In Australia the only over the counter Melatonin is natrupathic so it is a few drops in heaps of water and basically useless. To get the 5 to 10mg variety you need a prescription and it is about $60 for 20 tablets. He recommended I buy the good stuff off Ebay from the U.S. and it is about $35 for 100 tablets of the 10mg. I was concerned at first but he said it will be fine with customs which it has been every time I have purchased. The tablets I get are an official brand name so depending on cost it may be worth purchasing a range finder eye drops and see if it gets through.

morg176 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Just found out that the DIQUAS eye drops I've been looking into are prescription only it would seem.
    id be willing to try the drops but being japanese and prescription pretty much kills the deal, damn it....

Public transport when you're used to a car is just death...