Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece MPG Raiden

Looks like the first Trainbot (Shouki) isn't going to be delayed (like most of this year's JP toys so far), as it looks to be out in Asia now, and someone has posted up some first photos of the toy, with some other recent Masterpiece toys.

I just paid for my MP Shouki yesterday (via Amiami). Currently processing for shipping. Can't wait!

Posted to twitter the other day was some scans from the newly released 2022 Generations book (in Japan) that had some pages covering the MPG Raiden set, and had an image of a grey prototype of the combined mode.
    I hope there is something missing on the front of the abs, as it looks wrong having a gap in there, while the original toy didn't.

The second MP Trainbot Getsuei is out in a month's time, but someone has managed to get their hands on several boxed samples (maybe a wholesaler?)... showing us the different modes and some comparisons to some other MP toys.

TakaraTomy have just teased us with the final three Trainbots - Suiken in full, while the last two are just silhouettes.
    Suiken is to be officially revealed in October (for release in June 2023), while Seizan will be revealed in January next year, and Kaen will be revealed in April.
    (screenshot is from tfw2005)

Official images and listing for the 4th Trainbot - Suiken, which forms the left arm of Raiden.
    It is being released in June 2023 in Japan, for 19,800yen (about au$220).

Also a promo video shows off the Raiden modes of the MPG-03 (left leg) & MPG-04 (left arm), plus the top torso of Raiden for Suiken to attach to, showing a nice size to the combined mode in the hands of the person combining them.

And from the screenshots, I put together this combined image, showing the first four Trainbots...

So I've been patiently waiting for my Shouki pre-order from Mighty Ape and woke up to the below email this morning:

Our supplier has advised us today that they are unable to supply Transformers: Masterpiece - MPG-01 Trainbot Shouki as the product has not been made available within the ANZ territory at Hasbro's decision.

Unfortunately, this means we are currently unable to supply your order(s). This product has been removed from your order(s), and if any payments have been made they will be refunded to the payment method used.

Furthermore, Hasbro has offered all affected customers with $50.00 Account Credit as an apology for the issues surrounding this product's cancellations in this region. Account Credit will be applied directly to each customer account within the next 2-3 business days.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

From the team at Mighty Ape & Hasbro ANZ.

I'm assuming other retailers are going to have the same issue? Any why so late after release? Makes me wonder about the status of pre-orders for the other 3 Trainbots that have been announced so far.

Did anyone pre-order Shouki through EBGames or Amazon Australia?
    This was a toy that was released in Japan in June (2022), and was listed for the same month at EBGames (the product page is gone, so I can't see anything on it).

If it really has failed to come here, perhaps check some of the more regular Asian outlets or HLJ... or America as a last resort, as they were supposed to get it as well.

That will impact future pre-orders of the Trainbots from Australian sources, not only by people who won't trust an Australian release, but also from people who will need to find a foreign source for the first one and stick with them if they definitely want the full set of six.

The ironic thing is that with the removal of the Australian listing for Shouki on Amazon Australia, the new default listing goes to the American stock, which is about $50 cheaper, at about au$248 (price will change as the exchange rate changes) with free shipping for Prime members.
    But be quick, as it says that there are only 4 left from Amazon US, and once they are gone, the price will change to reflect the next cheapest 3rd party seller.

The third Trainbot (Yukikaze) is still a couple months away from release, but someone has obtained a promo flyer that they said is with Yukikaze, which shows off Raiden and the six Trainbots... using some artwork and grey prototypes as stand-ins for the final two Trainbots.
    https://news.tfw2005.com/2022/12/24/...-images-472837