Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece MPG Raiden

Still SUPER keen - immediate pre-order

So, what are people's thoughts on dropping the big bucks for a 30cm combiner?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    To me the combined mode is a bonus - I'm here for the train modes and individual bot modes. So all this back and forth about the combined form - could not really care haah!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    I'll probably never combine them. I have love for the Trainbots (I have the originals), but especially Getsuei, Yukikaze & Seizan. So I'm getting the set for the individual bots. Couldn't care less about Raiden, though.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Considering the "price per centimeter" of a number of recent MPs (especially some of the Beast Wars ones), these might not be too bad on their own, as I expect that TT are doing a smaller production run than they do for Gen1 MPs, due to a similar lower demand for these obscure Japanese character from the 1980s (they were never released by Hasbro, or re-homaged in the 40 years since).
    With the majority of current fans being from the last 15 years of the Movie universe surge, the Trainbots would be very niche market, but I'm one of the rare fans who would want these more than the BW MPs, because of the memories I have of the Trainbots over the years, and because I do not recommend playing with the original Trainbot toys, so without a reissue of them ever being likely, these MPs could be played with a little more than I normally do with MPs.

And unlike Gen1 MPs that were often more playable than the plastic bricks of the originals, I'm not expecting these to be more playable... just safer to play with than the originals, which will be very expensive to replace now if broken.
    (saying that, the BW MPs didn't interest me because they were not improving on the originals that were already great toys, by unnecessarily complicating them and being less playable)

Official images of MPG-02 Getsuei from the TakaraTomyMall listing...
    (a lot more images and info on their toyline info page here and feature page here, showing comparisons to the original 80s toy)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Q View Post
    We now have the first official box image of MPG-01 Shouki. The box design style is different from that of regular MP box art.
    The box image...

As impressive as this set will look once complete, in my mind it's a risk problem. MPs can be hit and miss in terms of quality. And the more figures in a set, the more chance for one of them to be bad in some way and cause disappointment that tarnishes the rest, especially for a large combiner that will need strong legs. If Getsuei's joints are loose, and you want Raiden, it'll be sadness at ~$200 each. And with so many to collect, and collecting all is a must, missing out on one is a worry. I'd hate to think about preorders, missed preorders, getting a decent price and so on.

I've been sitting on this set far too long.. it's already getting harder to find. I just wish we had more prototype photos of Raiden, as if I were buying him, that would be how I wanted to display him.

Everything so far looks fantastic, the price is the only thing holding me back right now.

Some Singapore options for Getsuei preorders ($SGD):

Robo Robo $170.
    The Falcon's Hangar $160.
    Ohmyprimus $160.