Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Retro G1 Reissues - 1986 Movie anime editions

Default Retro G1 Reissues - 1986 Movie anime editions

Look what showed up on Hasbro Pulse.

Hot Rod

Starscream

It's about time we got a Hot Rod in the right colours. I want them just for the boxes.

Last edited by griffin; 13th October 2022 at 10:39 PM. Reason: added mirrored images
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Boxes look fantastic, the colour schemes on the toys are great.

They are going hard on the TFTM nostalgia!

Nice. Reissues based on Transformers the movie. I wonder what else they can release in this line. Based off previous reissues maybe;

Purple Galvatron
    Rodimus Prime
    Ultra Magnus
    Kup and Wheelie
    Grey and Purple Astrotrain
    Blitzwing
    Optimus Prime
    Soundwave
    Blaster
    Perceptor
    Jazz
    Insecticons

Quote Originally Posted by danny-boy View Post
    Nice. Reissues based on Transformers the movie. I wonder what else they can release in this line. Based off previous reissues maybe;

Purple Galvatron
    Rodimus Prime
    Ultra Magnus
    Kup and Wheelie
    Grey and Purple Astrotrain
    Blitzwing
    Optimus Prime
    Soundwave
    Blaster
    Perceptor
    Jazz
    Insecticons
    I'm here for a toon-coloured Ultra Magnus. I've already got the Ehobby Astrotrain but won't say no to another version, even if only slightly different.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Oh I want very much.

Where would they show up in Australia? I haven't had much luck with the recent re-issues.

Oh thank goodness they’re continuing G1 reissues. I’d dearly love to have seen them continue the Encore line, and still have hope that they will reconstruct the mould for the Dinobots. Even if it were just Grimlock, I could see him flying off the shelves.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Oh thank goodness they’re continuing G1 reissues. I’d dearly love to have seen them continue the Encore line, and still have hope that they will reconstruct the mould for the Dinobots. Even if it were just Grimlock, I could see him flying off the shelves.
    I would jump onto any reconstructed G1 reissues (e.g. Dinobots, Sunstreaker, Mirage, Wheeljack etc.). I don't think we've seen any reconstructed reissues since Encore Devastator. Did that sell well? It would be nice if Hasbro and Harmony Gold did a Transformers x Robotech Collab and gave us a reissue Jetfire (even if it's in a two pack with a reissue of the original VF-1S Macross Valkyrie)

I like the colour schemes on both, there's something about the G1 toy look melded with cartoon colours that evokes a weird special type of nostalgia, even though I only have it for the cartoon myself. If not absurdly expensive, Starscream is seemingly a good way to get the 5mm Megatron gun accessory without jumping through massive hoops, even if it sticks out the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I would jump onto any reconstructed G1 reissues (e.g. Dinobots, Sunstreaker, Mirage, Wheeljack etc.). I don't think we've seen any reconstructed reissues since Encore Devastator. Did that sell well? It would be nice if Hasbro and Harmony Gold did a Transformers x Robotech Collab and gave us a reissue Jetfire (even if it's in a two pack with a reissue of the original VF-1S Macross Valkyrie)
    It seems like it sold well enough for them to consider and come through with the Encore 20A cartoon colours reissue. I bought that release but had some breakage issues with Hook's waist/sliding mechanism, seemed really fragile. I know the regular G1 reissues are important people, but the cartoon versions like with Galvatron, Devastator and Starscream are nice bonuses to spice it up.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

The Dino Cassette reissues had a new mould made out of the original 1980s prototypes. Also, Beast Wars Rat Trap likely was a new mould given Hasbro confirmed the original mould was lost.

That said, I don't think Encore Devastator was a new mould. There were significant signs of mould degradation on both my Encore 20 and 20A figures.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I seem to recall Hasbro stating that both OP and Soundwave have had moulds remade in the past to accomodate reissues.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain