Thread: January 2020 Transformers comics and books

Default January 2020 Transformers comics and books

The Transformers comics and books for January 2020.
    Details and cover images from Previews & BleedingCool websites, mirrored here.

Transformers 100-Page Giant Power Predacons
    (W) John Paul Bove, Simon Furman, Josh Van Reyk, Shawn Knowler (A) Corin Howell, E. J. Su, Various (A/CA) Don Figueroa
    Prepare to be terrorized by this collection of the Predacons’ finest moments! Collecting stories from Transformers UK #135-136, Transformers UK Annual 1987, Beast Wars: The Gathering #1, Transformers Spotlight Jazz, and the never before republished Transformers: Dawn of the Predacus 2016 BotCon exclusive comic!
    In Shops: Jan 15, 2020
    SRP: $5.99
    Transformers #17—Cover A: Livio Ramondelli
    (W) Brian Ruckley (A) Anna Malkova, Bethany McGuire-Smith (CA) Livio Ramondelli
    Megatron is faced with the ultimate decision. He can forge ahead on the path he’s started down, or he can take the last chance at doing things by the book. Either way, Cybertron is on the verge of change, and after this, nothing will ever be the same.
    In Shops: Jan 22, 2020
    SRP: $3.99
    Transformers #17—Cover B: Brendan Cahill
    (W) Brian Ruckley (A) Anna Malkova, Bethany McGuire-Smith (CA) Brendan Cahill
    In Shops: Jan 22, 2020
    Transformers Galaxies #5—Cover A: Alex Milne
    (W) Tyler Bleszinski (A) Livio Ramondelli (CA) Alex Milne
    “Wannabee,” Part One! Years ago, a Probat scientist visiting Cybertron had his life saved by the one and only Bumblebee! Now the Probats are huge fans, and when Deathsaurus goes to negotiate a new energy deal, he wants their number one bot on his side. Unfortunately, Bee’s a little busy, so Deathsaurus turns to the next best option-the guy who looks like red Bumblebee, Cliffjumper!

In Shops: Jan 29, 2020
    Transformers Galaxies #5—Cover B: Sara Pitre-Durocher
    (W) Tyler Bleszinski (A) Livio Ramondelli (CA) Sara Pitre-Durocher

Transformers Galaxies #5—Retailer Incentive Cover: Anna Malkova
    (W) Tyler Bleszinski (A) Livio Ramondelli (CA) Anna Malkova
    Recent and Upcoming TPBs & Books.
    -- Legacy: The Art of Transformers Packaging SC - 304 pages (previously released as HC) - December 3rd (was November 26th) 2019
    -- IDW Collection Phase 2 Vol 10 HC - 360 pages (Transformers #44-45, MTMTE #45-49, Windblade #6-7, Sins of the Wreckers, Combiner Hunters, Holiday Special) - December 31st (was December 3rd) 2019
    -- Transformers 2019 Vol 1 - The World In Your Eyes HC - 288 pages (#1-12) - January 14th 2020 (was October 22nd 2019)
    -- Transformers The Manga Vol 1 HC - 288 pages (Japanese TV Magazine Manga - translated) - February 11th 2020
    -- Transformers/Ghostbusters: Ghosts of Cybertron - 128 pages (all 5 issues) - Feburary 25th 2020
    -- The Game Master (Life and Career of Flint Dille - 1980s Transformers cartoon writer) HC - 312 pages - March 10th 2020 (was July 9th 2019)
    -- Transformers The Manga Vol 2 HC - 288? pages (Japanese TV Magazine Manga - translated) - May 12th 2020
    -- IDW Collection Phase 2 Vol 11 HC - 336 pages (Transformers #46-50, MTMTE #50-55, Silent Night, Redemption) - May 26th 2020
    -- Transformers 2019 Vol 2 - The Change in Their Nature HC - 280 pages (Transformers #13-18, Galaxies #1-6) - June 30th 2020

September 2019 comics and books

October 2019 comics and books

November 2019 comics and books

December 2019 comics and books

Hmm. Hadn't noticed that they are jumping straight to Hardcover collections of the new IDW series with 12 issues in each, while still finishing off the IDW Collection Phase 2 in parallel.

And the IDW Collection volumes are getting closer to the point of the Hasbro crossovers - which I'm interested in their approach to tackling. Wonder if they'd even change a Phase 3 branding to cover Lost Light/Prime/Unicron era

The Flint Dille book "The Gamesmaster" has been pushed back again, this time to June 9th 2020... almost a year after it's originally planned release date.

I wonder if he is still writing it, and keeps having to push back the publication date until it is finished.

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I ordered the Transformers/Ghostbusters: Ghosts of Cybertron direct from Amazon Australia and it was delayed and now cancelled. I also ordered Transformers The Manga Vol 1 and it too was delayed but not yet cancelled. Anyone else have the same or was I just unlucky?

Quote Originally Posted by Kranix View Post
    I ordered the Transformers/Ghostbusters: Ghosts of Cybertron direct from Amazon Australia and it was delayed and now cancelled. I also ordered Transformers The Manga Vol 1 and it too was delayed but not yet cancelled. Anyone else have the same or was I just unlucky?
    That's funny, I bought the exact same two last week through Amazon America (because only one was able to be bought through Amazon Australia), and they arrived today. The total cost ended up being AU$80.59, which was a little more than I was expecting, but the exchange rate is what made it so bad (it was US$46.92 which included shipping and GST).
    So maybe try again through Amazon America this time?

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    That's funny, I bought the exact same two last week through Amazon America (because only one was able to be bought through Amazon Australia), and they arrived today. The total cost ended up being AU$80.59, which was a little more than I was expecting, but the exchange rate is what made it so bad (it was US$46.92 which included shipping and GST).
    So maybe try again through Amazon America this time?
    Thanks Griffin, I actually only used Amazon Aus due to having a lot of gift cards. I've decided to hold on to those in the hope that I can pick up the TPB of Transformers '84 : Secrets and Lies if it's available via Amazon Aus. I'm also hoping to get the Transformers Vs The Terminator TPB.

I was just curious if this was common in Australia. I ordered all my TPB last year.