Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Botbots series 4

Default Botbots series 4

It looks like there will be another 190+ Botbots for 2020, with series 4 single packs being found in America two months early (the first wave for 2019 was also early, but came out in December).

The fourth series has dark blue bubbles, and by the looks of the photos, Hasbro have fixed the flaw in the packaging that made it easy to steal the toys from the back of the card. I can't tell exactly how these ones open up, but it could just be separating the front and back halves of the card.

From a twitter user comes photos of most of the single pack figures, along with images of both sides of the enclosed checklist. (no instructions? Either it is on another piece of paper, or the toys are simple enough to not need instructions)
    The packaging has 27 languages, so it's definitely global version packaging.
    Also remember that the 2020 Botbots come with some rare golden coloured Botbots. Judging by the list of single-pack codes, the golden Botbots aren't randomly replacing regular figures, as two of the 24 single-packs are designated to being specific golden Botbots. That should mean collecting the set of 8 shouldn't be any more difficult than collecting previous 3-star (rare) Botbots figures.

Most are new tribes, and there are no Lost Bots this time.

Photos and the full list of names for series 4 (a total of 69 in this series)...

(1 star – common, 2 stars – uncommon, 3 stars – rare)
    • Magic Tricksters: The Great Mumbo Bunblo (1), King Cheats (2), Whoopsie Cushion (1), Skitter Chatter (2), Zanzabar (1)
    • Movie Moguls: Movie Munchster (1), Bretzel (1), Fizzkick (1), Lumidope (2), Blurray Murray (2), Critically Complained (2)
    • Retro Replays: Game Older (2), Swapbox 16 (1), Snorg The Conquerer (1), Pop N. Lock (1), Loadoutsky (1), Mr. Memory Banks (2), Business Esquire (1)
    • Season Greeters: Bemyne (1), Incog-Eggd (1), Flare Devil (2), Zwonkey Donkey (1), Snooty Stem (1)
    • Sugar Shocks: DJ Fudgey Fresh (1), Cypops (2), Milton (2), Grandma Crinkles (1), Frosferatti Frostyface (2), Fancy Flutter (2), Smore N’ Nore (2), Crumbly Yumbly (2)
    • Los Deliciosos: Suavé Verde (1), Burrito Favorito (1), King Cubano (2), Cheff Nada (1), The Cobbler (2), Lunchador (1)
    • Wilderness Troop: Cam The Man (1), Disaster Master (2), Doc Kit (1), Goggly Spy P.I. (1), Ranger Lampton (1), Rusty Von Cleave (1), Miss Mixed (2)
    • Fresh Squeezes: Aday (1), Tricitrustups (1), Peary Peculiar (2), Peels The Monkey (1), Hiptoast (1)
    • Science Alliance: Dr. Flaskenstein (1), Eye-Goon (2), Face Ace (1), Starscope (1)
    • Home Rangers: Whirlderful (1), Bogusarus Rex (2), Rolley Doughley (1), Roarista (2), Pressure Punk (1), Heat Freak (1), Crabby Grabby (2), Windbag (2)
    • Winners Circle (Golden Botbots): Pop o’ Gold (3), Game Golden (3), Goldenberry D’uhnut (3), Goldsferatu (Cupcake) (3), Goldface (3), Liquid Gold (3), Gold Dexter (3), Goldie Rock (3)
    Most of the 24 single-pack codes....

• 01 – Pop O’ Gold
    • 02 – Miss Mixed
    • 03 – Starscope
    • 04 – Hiptoast
    • 05 – Sorry Stem
    • 06 – Zwonkey Donkey
    • 07 – Liquid Gold
    • 08 – Cypops
    • 09 – Milton
    • 10 – Movie Munchster
    • 11 – Whirlderful
    • 12 – Dolly Doughley
    • 13 – Pressure Punk
    • 14 – Burrito Favorito
    • 15 – Cheff Nada
    • 16 – Snorg the Conquered
    • 17 – Soapbox 16
    • 18 – (TBD)
    • 19 – The Great Mumbo Bumbo
    • 20 – King Cheats
    • 21 – Whoopsie Cushion
    • 22 – Disaster Master
    • 23 – Goggly Spy P. I.
    • 24 – Face Ace

I’m not collecting these, but is everyone else wanting to say “slow down already”? There’s been so many, so quickly!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I’m not collecting these, but is everyone else wanting to say “slow down already”? There’s been so many, so quickly!
    Im glad i didnt jump on these! Maybe if the price was lower.

Sort of... but at the same time, I’ve seen series 1 & 2 shelfwarming for a long time and series 3 hasn’t been fully released yet. I’ve been waiting for new BotBots for what feels like ages (it probably isn’t though).

My main concern is that with series one and 2 still sitting on shelves here, there’s no impetus for retailers to put out the rest of series 3 or even order series 4. Where have I heard that story before...?

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

I love these but my daughter loves them more, I just wish that there were fewer repaints and that it wasn't so "set in stone" as to what figures you got. Its the worst of both worlds, no "blind" luck in the single packs (which is also good since they have numbers so you can avoid doubles and unwanted repaints etc) but then repeating the single pack figures in multi packs is an absolute cop out as these do not have the low enough cost or popularity to make them easy to swap doubles of.

Hopefully we get series four at some point, the first two waves have been sitting on shelves too long due to their price, everything being exactly the same and the complete lack of any marketing to make them desirable to non transformers fans.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    no instructions? Either it is on another piece of paper, or the toys are simple enough to not need instructions)
    That's going to trigger Gok.

The abundance of these hasn't bothered me as it simply means more choice. Sucks if you're a completist though.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

190+ of these little bots!?
    Wowzers!!!
    I was just about to start as some are on clearance locally... but i think I'll sit on that now.

I know... and with so many other Transformers toylines running concurrently to have new items come out all of the time, they don't need each Transformers toyline to be released quickly just to keep the shelves looking new (bending to the demands of the major retailers). Spacing out the release more will allow for more product to sell before a new wave is released, because we keep missing waves here due to retailers not selling enough old stock before new waves are available to them.

I get the same feeling with the Trading Card Game, with just 4-5 months between each series, plus all of the special themed packs and exclusives... it's not enough time to get full distribution to retailers (and to wait for a sale), before the new ones are showing up globally and maybe appearing here if enough retailers sold enough stock to warrant importing more by Hasbro Australia.

As for the Botbots, I only have the Arcade pack from series 3 so far. We haven't had the single packs or 8-packs released here yet... and the stores that have the 5-packs so far haven't had them on sale yet, so I'm not keen on paying full price at Australian prices. But I also don't want to be buying up dozens of packs from Amazon, just to get a complete set. (they haven't had the single packs listed anyway... which will be difficult to acquire if they don't come here)

Found Series 4 singles at Big W Karingal today - a full set - while looking for Series 3 singles.

I didn’t buy the set, only a select few.

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms

I now own an official Transformer that is an angry whoopy cushion and frankly, my collecting may have just peaked.