Thread: Universal Studios exclusive SS-48 TF3 Megatron

Default Universal Studios exclusive SS-48 TF3 Megatron

Seibertron is claiming to have official images sent to them by Universal Studios of a grey redeco SS-34 Leader TF3 Megatron, to be an upcoming exclusive of theirs. Since there is no link to a product page, or to a Universal Press Release, I'll leave it as a rumour until it can be confirmed from an official source.
    If it is true, it will be expensive... based on how much they charge for Deluxe exclusives (US$30, which is double their original retail price over there). A Leader class exclusive could be as much as US$100 (about AU$155, plus shipping if they list them on their Florida online store).

The official CG images came out in July - Universal Studios exclusive redeco SS-34 Leader Class DOTM Megatron.

Now we have a box image as well, which calls this out as being "As seen in parks Megatron" as it's official name, and we can also see that it doesn't come with the cape or Igor figure from the original SS-34 Megatron.

Still no idea of when this will be released, or which Universal Studios will be getting it, but with an official image of the boxed toy being found, it shouldn't be too far away.

The whole point of buying the figure was the cloak and Igor so that you could say "ALL HAIL MEGATRON" while transforimg him & snarling like a lion.
    God I love that scene.

Almost a year later, this toy has shown up in Asian stores (still not at any Universal Studios themepark yet), and we have a number of photos of the toy with the original version.
    Even if it is now being stocked at various Universal Studios parks, it will be a long time before any of us here in Australia will be able to get one first-hand, so anyone wanting one to complete their Studio Series collection, might end up having to pay a fair bit on the secondary market.

As some people have pointed out in the comments section of that news topic, this grey redeco of the TF3 Tanker Truck Megatron is a colour scheme based on the character costume worn by Universal Staff at the Transformers Ride. The absence of the cloak and Igor figurine are missing because they aren't part of the Themepark costume, not because they are a cost saving, as it would be an insignificant saving.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Even if it is now being stocked at various Universal Studios parks, it will be a long time before any of us here in Australia will be able to get one first-hand, so anyone wanting one to complete their Studio Series collection, might end up having to pay a fair bit on the secondary market.
    I have a preorder in SG, and the stocks in hand... will have it soon

Hmmm.... I added that sentence in after typing up the entire post, forgetting that the first thing I typed in that post was that it was already being sold in some Asian stores... which obviously contradicted myself. Oops.

His bio alone is worth the price of entry. I'm glad Hasbro have a sense of humour.

Yours from SG?
    From an online store?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Yours from SG?
    From an online store?
    SG yes, online no.... found a store while there and kept in touch with owner