Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Super 7 licensed figurines

The next wave of small figures are 1986 Movie themed, with the logo on the packaging, and the four figures being - dead Optimus, Galvatron, King Starscream and Hot Rod.

Another Super7 figure found in America - Optimus done in a slightly shiny finish. (it's called chrome, but it isn't the reflective metallic type of chrome we normally get with Transformers).

Wave 5 of the licensed Super7 figurines have been revealed.

The regular release figures - Arcee, Reflector, Prowl, Grimlock (dino mode).

A special Christmas figure - Optimus Prime in green and red, with candy-cane rifle. (it doesn't say where it will be released, but says it will be out in November).

Super Cyborg figure - Bumblebee (both colour and clear - each with removable chest to show circuitry).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Wave 5 of the licensed Super7 figurines have been revealed.

The regular release figures - Arcee, Reflector, Prowl, Grimlock (dino mode).
    Is Grimlock standard sized, or is he going to be larger, like Devastator was? Also, Arcee's shoulder pads should be pink.

Wave 3 of their Ultimate size figures has four items - 1986 Movie Wreckgar, IDW Tarn (with Nickel), Gen2 (green tank) Megatron, and 1980s cartoon Alligaticon (the alligator that the Constructicons made out of Optimus Prime's parts in the episode "City of Steel").
    They will be us$55 each, due for release in late 2022 (almost a year away).

I really like the Alligaticon, and it comes with accessories from the cartoon episode as well - a Battle Taxi, the head of Optimus Prime, and his gun arm attached to the top of a building.

I really like the Alligaticon, and it comes with accessories from the cartoon episode as well - a Battle Taxi, the head of Optimus Prime, and his gun arm attached to the top of a building.
    Same here. I'm amazed that we actually have an official(ly licensed) option of the Alligaticon and I'll gladly put my money down for that.
    The inclusion of the arm is random but cool too. When I was a kid I would disconnect one of the arms from my Commemorative series Prime and attach it to his upright trailer (pretending it was a building) to replicate that scene from the City of Steel episode.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Initially, i thought they posed the new Ultimates reveals against SS86 Wreck-gar, but realised that's the Ultimates Wreck-gar. It just shows how animation accurate Hasbro can make the Generations figures these days. Tarn - i'd buy that for a Nickel!

Who is Tarn? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Who is Tarn? Lol
    I think he?s this obscure IDW character, but he doesn?t exist anymore because they ?rebooted? continuity. As they will again then IDW?s license lapses.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Wave 3 of their Ultimate size figures has four items - 1986 Movie Wreckgar, IDW Tarn (with Nickel), Gen2 (green tank) Megatron, and 1980s cartoon Alligaticon (the alligator that the Constructicons made out of Optimus Prime's parts in the episode "City of Steel").
    They will be us$55 each, due for release in late 2022 (almost a year away).

These are scheduled for release in November 2022 according to Entertainment Earth... 11 months away!
    Why do they need such a long pre-order period? Are the retailers struggling to sell these now, or Super7 struggling to get retailers to risk signing up for more, and need to raise money months before they even begin spending any money on constructing the prototypes, let alone production. Ordinarily suppliers would be expecting to get paid by retailers close to release, after they have already spent money producing the items, but this is more like a kick-starter, giving Super7 at least 6 months to see how pre-orders go, and if it doesn't reach a minimum amount they can cancel the wave without spending a cent on pre-production (with minimal money only spent on Computer Generated images).