Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Super 7 licensed figurines

Other is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

All Super7 Ultimates figures are made to order, they basically only make as much as ordered and they aren't made for general retail. The long time between preorders and release is to let them schedule and arrange production of the required number of figures. This is not uncommon among collector lines, especially those that aren't made to be sold at K-Mart and the like. Here is another example of a company that does the same thing: https://www.goodsmile.info/en/products/announced/2021
    GSC also takes preorders for products many months in advance to gauge the size of their production runs. Pulling up a specific example, this figure went up for preorder last month but won't be released until Jan 2023, assuming no possible delays: https://www.goodsmile.info/en/produc...e+Beleren.html
    Super7's preorder model is pretty normal and there is no need to get worked up about it.

Wave 3 of Ultimates is now available to pre-order from Popcultcha. I will likely be offloading the Tarn from the set once they arrive in the distant future.

Another of the super sized figures (about 30cm) has been revealed, and is a redeco... Shattered Glass Optimus Prime.
    It is about us$85 (which would be about au$110), and looks to be out in April 2022.

Golden versions of (regular size) Optimus and Megatron have been found at US Target, and are said to be Target exclusives.
    They are being called Golden Lagoon, but the packaging (front) doesn't say it, and it doesn't have any artwork to reflect it either.

These are store listings, so i guess they're official. ReAction Wave 7 are all Beast Wars figures. I am curious how they adapt BW kibble to retro figures:

• Galvatron Retro Exclusive
    • Grimlock Blue G2 Exclusive

• Wave 7 Beast Wars Dino Bot
    • Wave 7 Beast Wars Optimus Primal
    • Wave 7 Beast Wars Megatron
    • Wave 7 Beast Wars Black Arachnia
    • Wave 7 Beast Wars Cheetor

The wave 5 figures that were revealed a few months back (Reflector, Arcee, Prowl and Dino mode Grimlock), now have real images of the figures, as they are supposed to be out this month.

Ultimates wave 1 is about to start shipping from Super7.

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    Ultimates wave 1 is about to start shipping from Super7.
    From their status page, which has an image of the four wave 1 figures in packaging...

Transformers Wave 1 (Banzai-Tron, Bombshell, Optimus Prime, Starscream's Ghost) - Production completed and received at Super7 warehouse. Shipping to customers soon.

Transformers Wave 2 (Grimlock in Dino Mode, Tracks, Megatron, Bludgeon) - Finalizing 3D prototype samples. Next step is tooling.

Transformers Wave 3 (Alligaticon, Megatron G2, Tarn, Wreck-Gar) - Finalizing 3D prototype samples. Next step is tooling.

They look so nice, but not worth the money to me.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Golden versions of (regular size) Optimus and Megatron have been found at US Target, and are said to be Target exclusives.
    They are being called Golden Lagoon, but the packaging (front) doesn't say it, and it doesn't have any artwork to reflect it either.
    Two more US Target exclusives have been found in stores in America, and again they are Optimus and Megatron, but this time 1986 Movie versions - Megatron is translucent purple, and Optimus has the chest open showing the matrix.
    Both have their flaws though, as Megatron doesn't have a grid pattern (it seems that we can't get any toys done right to match that scene in the movie), and Optimus doesn't have battle damage anywhere, even though the packaging remembers to include it).