Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Super 7 licensed figurines

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    Ultimates wave 1 is about to start shipping from Super7.
    It looks like people are getting the first wave now, as we can see images of...

Actionmaster Bombshell

Actionmaster Banzaitron

Gen1 Optimus Prime

Gen1 Ghost Starscream

These things are almost Leader class size.

These things are a lot bigger than I thought!

It definitely justifies the cost a bit more, but they are then harder to fit in with a regular collection of figures if that was the hope.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Looking forward to these arriving.

Due to price I couldn't yet justify owning 2... so now the big decision, to open or not open.

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    ... so now the big decision, to open or not open.
    For me, Super7 boxes and card designs are part of their appeal. Maybe display MISB without the outer sleeve cover. These Ultimates aren't very poseable anyway because the toy designers didn't want the lines of the joints to break the aesthetics of the figure. I can understand their motivation when i look at all the gaps in my SH Monsterarts figures.

Yeah, the Reactions will be sealed for sure... the Ultimates are a bit of a harder decision. While the box design and presentation is nice, there's not a lot of box art to go with it.

Still only one wave of the large sized Ultimates (about 27cm tall) have been released so far, and the fourth wave has just been announced... for release in 12 months time, mid-year 2023.
    Priced at us$55 each.

There are three figures for wave 4, and two of them look like they might just be redecos with new accessories.
    Starscream (probably just a "colour" redeco of wave 1 Ghost Starscream)
    Fallen Leader Optimus Prime (could be a minor remould and grey redeco of wave 1 Optimus to add in the battle damage - to go with their grey/dead Optimus figure that they already have in their smaller size class)
    Soundwave - new, with a Laserbeak cassette. (the set reminds me of the Hasbro R.E.D. figure... which are about the same size, but about half the price)

Other is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Comparing them via official product pictures, that Fallen Leader Prime also has some changes to the forearms to increase the range of movement for his elbows by the look of things.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    the set reminds me of the Hasbro R.E.D. figure... which are about the same size, but about half the price
    R.E.D. is a lot smaller. It's head reaches the top of Ultimates OP's abs (grill), as shown in this Youtube review.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    (the set reminds me of the Hasbro R.E.D. figure... which are about the same size, but about half the price)
    ...and near impossible to find.

I held off Ghost, will get this and Soundwave.

Quote Originally Posted by High_Q View Post
    These are store listings, so i guess they're official.

- Galvatron Retro Exclusive
    - Grimlock Blue G2 Exclusive
    These two have just been found at a Target in America, and are expected to be Target exclusives.

And on the back of the cards, an extended checklist of non-exclusive figures shows us some future figures - Unicron (homaging the 1980s prototype), a Quintesson 5-face Judge, Cyclonus, Wreck-Gar, Ultra Magnus, and a Sharkticon (in shark mode).

It is interesting to see that 30 of the 33 figures on the back were all in the 1986 movie (at some point somewhere).