Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Super 7 licensed figurines

Default Super 7 licensed figurines

Super 7 in America are soon to be releasing the first set of their licensed Transformers figurines, which are about 10cm and have five points of articulation (they don't transform - think Actionmasters).

The first batch are Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Jazz, Megatron, Soundwave and Starscream, with more to come after that.
    They are priced at about US$18 (about the price of a Deluxe figure at retail in America), which is a bit expensive for their size and simplicity.
    Images of the first six can be seen here, taken from a couple of online stores in America that already have them listed.

And it looks like the first limited edition redeco figurine might come out before the regular figures are released, with a purple Soundwave on exclusive backing card... I think it was released November 6th at a convention in America that I've never heard of before, so could be extremely limited, and very expensive in the hands of toy scalpers.

I've had these on order for several months, since they first appeared on BBTS. But they'd only shown grey prototypes, and the initial mock up for packaging wasn't real great. They have done a superb job with them now though, with beautiful animation artwork. Enough so I'm going to have to buy one to keep carded, one to open.

For those who don't know, these are issued under their ReAction line, which is minimally articulated (5POA) 3.75' figures homaging the old Kenner Star Wars line. $14-18 is their -normal- price for Reaction figures, so they're not putting a premium on it due to being Star Wars. They will be quite a bit bigger than Heroes of Cybertron size. They'd initially done them for licensed movie properties (eg. Gremlins), and just this month released a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Line. In the past they'd done Robotech (so you could get a Jetfire verotech).

If you want to see future releases, check out BigBadToystore as they have advance listings for figures to be released in Wave 2. I think I'll pass on the purple Soundwave, but they do sometimes release their convention exclusives on Super7's website as well if anyone -has- to get it.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Entertainment Earth have just listed pre-orders for wave 3, to be released in May.

Wave 2 (March) - Devastator, Mirage, Alpha Trion, Shockwave, Shrapnel, Grimlock, Rumble, Skyfire.

Wave 3 (May) - Prowl, Blaster, Blitzwing, Perceptor, Dirge, Reflector.

The first wave have been found at US Retail now, so they might show up at online stores or ebay now, for those looking to get these.

It looks like there is also a 25cm (11 inch) Optimus Prime with removable chest piece.

They (the smaller ones) have been spotted at Kings Comics in Sydney today

An official image of four of the second wave have been shown off - Skyfire, Rumble, Grimlock, Shrapnel.
    Note that since these are based on their cartoon versions, Rumble is blue, coloured like his cartoon form with light blue and dark blue.

These are supposed to be released in America on March 27th... and if they appear here, it will be in import stores like the first wave (like Kings Comics and Minotaur).

Unfortunately, as nice as these look, they are VERY expensive for their size and for their limited articulation (even less than Actionmasters). These have retail prices in America of about US$15-20, which is what they pay for Deluxe sized Hasbro Transformers... something that is a lot bigger, more detailed, and actually converts (which is the main cost of R&D and production).

Entertainment Earth have also just listed an Astrotrain for May, which is the time of the 3rd wave, but wasn't listed with the 3rd wave back in November, so could be a late addition.
    They also have listed some of the wave 3 figures for June and August, so the four figures shown off above for release at the end of March, might be the only 4 in wave two. The others previously listed for wave 2 (Mirage, Alpha Trion, Shockwave, Devastator) are now listed a lot later, so might be wave 4.

Meanwhile, the super sized Optimus Prime figure (at 70cm it is the size of Generations Metroplex and Fort Max), is currently scheduled for December 2020, for a hefty US$350.
    For those who don't recall, those Generations Titan toys of the same size, were just US$150-160 at retail... so this non-convertible plastic Optimus figure, which only has 3 moving parts (head and arms), costs over twice their price. (it does have an opening chest with Matrix though)

Super7 have revealed a special set of four (mostly) black redecos of previous figures, homaging Japanese characters and pre-Transformers toys.
    Megatron and Perceptor redecos are based on their pre-Transformers toys, while Soundwave and Jazz redecos are based on Japanese characters (Soundblaster and Stepper).

They are available from their site for US$18 each, and I don't know if they ship out of America.

Official images of another four of the smaller figures have been posted up on the Hasbro Pulse site - Blitzwing, Perceptor, Dirge and Blaster.
    Release date of January next year.

Also, another new one from the larger 11inch size - Soundwave, with removable plate to reveal the innards... US$75, for some time early next year.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Also, another new one from the larger 11inch size - Soundwave, with removable plate to reveal the innards... US$75, for some time early next year.
    A redeco has been revealed, which probably won't surprise anyone - Soundblaster (black deco)... but instead of having the Laserbeak (non-converting) cassette coloured gold to be Buzzsaw, Super 7 have taken the bizarre step of having it coloured purple, so that it is meant to be Ratbat, but has Laserbeak sculpting (wings, head, etc).