Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Legacy Evolution CMDR class Armada Optimus Prime

Default Legacy Evolution CMDR class Armada Optimus Prime

This year's Transformers Generations Commander Class figure has now been fully revealed by Hasbro earlier today, and it is now listed for pre-order on Amazon Australia, for release in August, for $180.

https://www.facebook.com/transformer...x3nZyPtWRYG7Jl

https://www.amazon.com.au/Transforme...dp/B0BDHHBXN1/

Armada Universe Optimus Prime is part of this year's Legacy Evolution series, and it homages the "super pants" Prime toy from waaaay back in the second half of 2002.
    The truck cab converts to a regular (Deluxe-ish) sized bot, but then it also combines with the trailer to form a larger, super sized, bot.

Unfortunately, this version doesn't come with the Minicon Sparkplug.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Interesting... TFH has per-orders for Armada Prime, with the release date being May 2023. Doesn't seem right...

What are the chances of this thing coming sooner rather than later?

It would probably depend on if Big W has paid for the world-exclusive launch in June at Toy Sale like they have done in the past few years.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    Interesting... TFH has per-orders for Armada Prime, with the release date being May 2023. Doesn't seem right...

I'm tempted, but considering that postage would be around $40 Singapore dollars, it'll end up costing around $200AUD in the end. I might as well wait.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Quote Originally Posted by Handsprime View Post
    I'm tempted, but considering that postage would be around $40 Singapore dollars, it'll end up costing around $200AUD in the end. I might as well wait.
    Yeah, not worth it considering that their ETA may well turn out to be incorrect or other local retailers may adjust their ETAs to match.
    It is an interesting development though and I do hope the latter scenario happens.

I'm happy to stick with my Amazon preorder for the time being.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Well, TFH answered my question, and yes, as far as they know, it is coming this month.

~$200 now, or perhaps $150 or even less in June... Decisions, decisions...

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post

Well BBTS apparently has it out and people have got them already so release date of May isnt that far fetched.

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

So much for Big W getting Commanders as a world exclusive.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I’ll still be hunting it from Big W. Nothing like a retail purchase, and with shipping I think it’s going to be cheaper to get local anyway.

Hey am I missing something, or is it missing any mini-con ports? I have heaps of spare mini-cons that I’d be wanting to display him with, but I can only see peg holes not ports.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

There are no mini-con ports, no. That's not something Hasbro is generally doing with the Legacy toys.