Thread: New Transformers VR Arcade game

Default New Transformers VR Arcade game

Coming out very soon from Minority Media is a new Transformers game that should be making its way to some gaming arcades - a Virtual Reality shooting game that can have up to four people strapped into the VR goggles at the same time, to compete against each other in a VR world.

It will be having a preview at a gaming event in Florida this week, so we might be hearing some more about it soon.

Hopefully like the recent Transformers Movie arcade games, this one makes it to Australia as well, as it sounds like it could be a bit of fun.

The company that created the first Transformers Virtual Reality Arcade game (Battle Arena), are about to release their second one, called Invasion.

The first one had you fighting as Transformers robots, but this one is said to have you fighting as Humans alongside Transformers.

But the good news for us in Australia, is that it is already planned to be showing up at some Australian locations.

Initially, Transformers: VR Invasion will premiere at select locations worldwide including US family entertainment centres Kalahari Resort (Poconos, PA), Airway Fun Center (Kalamazoo, MI), and Compass Entertainment (Irvington, VA). Through a partnership with TEEG, Minority Media will bring the videogame to multiple Kingpin bowling locations in Australia.
    Now this was something that I didn't realise until today when I was investigating it, but the first VR game has been at two Australian locations since the end of last year, at Kingpin Bowling centres, Canberra and Chermside (Brisbane). They have nine locations around Australia, but only those two appear to have the Transformers VR game (maybe more locations will get the hardware for the second one).
    This photo is apparently from the Canberra location...

Has anyone here been to one of them, and played this?

Don't expect it at many stores. Only flagship stores generally have the VR Games, and those ones don't take up the size that this appears to.

There's a little problem with VR arcades. VR headsets have been proven to be a disease vector.

I have a VR headset and I'm never letting anyone else put their head in it.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Those types of things are meant to be cleaned after every use at the moment. Same with laser tag equipment.

There's a VR arcade near me. Would be cool if they would get it but doubt they will. I need to go check this place out anyway.