Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transformers: Rescue Bots Academy on Nine Go!

Default Transformers: Rescue Bots Academy on Nine Go!

Transformers: Rescue Bots Academy starts at 7:00 AM on Nine Go! on Thursday 14th November 2019.

Unfortunately I don't think Nine Go! ever showed the season 4 of Transformers: Rescue Bots, so there was no way to see it uncut.
    Transformers: Rescue Bots season 4 still isn't available on any of the local streaming services either, for some reason.

Cool thanks, my kids having been waiting to watch this.
    Spiderken Away!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirben View Post
    Transformers: Rescue Bots Academy starts at 7:00 AM on Nine Go! on Thursday 14th November 2019.

Unfortunately I don't think Nine Go! ever showed the season 4 of Transformers: Rescue Bots, so there was no way to see it uncut.
    Transformers: Rescue Bots season 4 still isn't available on any of the local streaming services either, for some reason.
    I don't think Nine Go has played beyond season 2 yet... as it would be nice to replace my recorded "cut" copies of the season 3 and 4 episodes that were never released on DVD. (cut by cheeze tv by up to 2 minutes)

Hasbro Australia only just let us know on Monday that the Rescue Bots Academy cartoon was coming in November at 7am... but didn't know what day it was starting, so I've been keeping an eye out for it on the TV guide.
    As soon as I check out the listings, I'll post it as news on our other sites.

Watching today's episode, it is from the end of Season 2, with the last episode of that season screening on Wednesday... jumping into "season 5" with Rescue Bots Academy on Thursday.
    Maybe they don't have the rights to season 3 and 4 yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirben View Post

Forgot to tune in yesterday but was able to catch the second ep this morning - cheers for the heads up! As predicted, very very little kid oriented.

Yeah they did show all of the Rescue Bots episodes on TV here as we saw right to the end. It's mainly the first couple of seasons they keep repeating though.

I watched the first four episodes yesterday, and it is definitely for a much younger audience... even to the point of making sure the rollcall of names is repeated several times early on.
    The character of Hotshot is annoying, constantly acting like an arrogant brat, which will appeal to kids who behave like that... but doesn't focus on him learning to be a better, more responsible person, so that the kids watching learn or be inspired by the benefits of being a responsible, reliable team-member. A flaw of the shorter 11 minute episode format, which doesn't allow for a proper 3rd act to plausibly resolve the situation and focus on the lesson being learnt.

It might take a few more episodes to get a feel for it.
    Is it worth starting a review topic, or just have the couple of us watching this cartoon to just post occasional comments here, if anything significant occurs.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Yeah they did show all of the Rescue Bots episodes on TV here as we saw right to the end. It's mainly the first couple of seasons they keep repeating though.
    Channel 11 (Toasted TV) played all four seasons (with parts cut out), but I don't think channel 99 (nineGo) have screened past season 2, as every time I check in on their screenings, I haven't seen any from season 3 or 4.

Well that was fast.
    Thursday (two days ago) played the final episodes of the 52 episode season... and Friday was playing the first episode of season one of the original Rescue Bots cartoon (fingers crossed they play season 3 and 4 as well).

I missed taping two of the episodes, but they should repeat them soon enough, so I'll keep an eye out when that happens.
    I've only watched up to episode 18, as they aren't that exciting to just sit down and watch, so I'll have episodes playing when I'm on the computer.

I still have several episodes left to watch... but I'm up to where they introduce Grimlock as one of the Academy teachers.
    He doesn't appear to have a robot mode, as he's always shown in dino mode (the RBA toy has the dino mode transforming into a motorcycle).

His voice is distracting... think Mr T.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Channel 11 (Toasted TV) played all four seasons (with parts cut out), but I don't think channel 99 (nineGo) have screened past season 2, as every time I check in on their screenings, I haven't seen any from season 3 or 4.
    I noticed on the weekend (and keep forgetting to post about it), that Nine-Go had listed for this week two episodes from Season 3 of the original Rescue Bots series, which would be the first time those episodes have been in full on free-to-air (channel 11 would remove 1-2 minutes to fit in the Toasted TV segments).
    Unfortunately, those two episodes seemed to be out of order, as the rest of the episodes listed were all Season2 episodes (on weekdays), which ends when the last episode of Season 2 plays next Tuesday. Weekends seem to be playing season 1 episodes, so it looks like we are never going to see the final two seasons in full on Australian Free-to-air (and they only released up to episode 12 of season 3 on DVD).

Monday 30/3 - s3e1
    Tuesday 29/3- se22
    Wednesday 1/4 - s3e2
    Thursday 2/4 - s2e23
    Friday 3/4 - s2e24
    -
    Saturday 4/4 - s1e12
    Sunday 5/4 - s1e13
    -
    Monday 6/4 - s2e25
    Tuesday 7/4 - s2e26

Season 2 of Transformers: Rescue Bots Academy starts at 7:00 AM on Nine Go! on Sunday 19th July 2020.