Thread: Trading Card Game Energon Edition

Default Trading Card Game Energon Edition

Coming soon from Wizards of the Coast is a new special edition set of Transformers Trading Cards. It is called the Energon Edition, and not only does it come in some really nice packaging, but the cards themselves are done with a thicker clear plastic, so that when they are plugged into the light box, they are illuminated.
    The cards included in this special set are Character Cards and Battle Cards from the first series, including what looks like some (or all) of the super rare and convention cards.
    The price though is rather eye-watering, at US$200 (about AU$300). It's a fancy set, that is probably meant for the extreme gamer, but I can't imagine too many Transformers fans spending that much money on a set of cards, particularly if they already have all or most of the first series of cards already (not to mention if they already spend a few hundred dollars hunting down their missing cards from card dealers and online.
    Set for release on December 2nd, directly from WOTC in America, and from an as-yet-unanamed source for Asia-Pacific.

it's very pretty, and I've heard that if you don't have the convention cards yet, they are nearly $200 on their own through sellers so from that respect it's not a horrendous deal. given though that they've more than made their money back on art outlay for the card art and I'd be surprised if the manufacturing of this set cost more than $10 -20 per case, they're a little over priced.
    but hey, that's capitalism.
    If I buy a lottery ticket and it wins I'll be getting a set ;-)
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

It looks like those people who can buy direct from the source, can get some free exclusive foil reprint Battle Cards. For the serious collectors of the Trading Card Game, that's certainly an incentive to get the Energon Set, as those freebie cards would be extremely limited and expensive on the secondary market.

A video review of this set...

It's out now. Still not sure if it will be released here.