Thread: McDonalds 40th Anniversary Happy Meal Toys

Default McDonalds 40th Anniversary Happy Meal Toys

For those who don't know, McDonalds have reissued some of their more popular toys for the 40th anniversary of Happy Meals. Included in that lineup is the burger and Happy Meal Changeable toys. They are blind bagged but they all have numbers, so ask for 1 and 5. You also don't have to buy a Happy Meal to get them, you can just pay $2 per toy. The promotion ends on Wednesday the 27th November, so if you want these get on it ASAP!

Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

I was hoping they were reissuing all of the bots, but it's only 2 of them.
    Is the happy meal box one new? I don't remember ever seeing it before, and I used to have heaps of the mcdonalds bots including colour variants.
    One of the regrets of my mid 90s purge of the collection.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Is the happy meal box one new? I don't remember ever seeing it before, and I used to have heaps of the mcdonalds bots including colour variants.
    It's not new but may not have been released in Australia before (if anyone can confirm that please do). These 40th anniversary toys are based on US releases, so not all may have been available here in the past.

wowowowowow!

Would love to get these!
    A good excuse to go to Maccas

I had the chips. He was awesome.

Here are the Burger and Happy Meal Changeables MISB

Loose.

Burger-Bot comparison; burger mode

As you can see, the reissue has no sesame seeds on the top bun. The cheese slices have been removed and replaced with lettuce.
    The panels on my reissue doesn't sit flush as the original does. The bun colour on the reissue looks nicer and more realistic than the original.

Burger-Bot robot mode comparison

The central waist hinge is different, otherwise it's basically the same robot design as the original. This toy is riveted together rather than assembled with screws.

Happy Meal Bot comparison in box mode

Also suffers from the panels not sitting totally flush.

Dinosaur mode comparison

The reissue looks and feels so cheap. If I didn't know any better, I'd swear it was a counterfeit. The plastic has that cheap overtly glossy knock off quality. Furthermore the legs are quite loose on my reissue, which causes them to not sit flush. The original toy still looks and feels far hardier than this reissue. There's also been no significant changes made, giving less incentive for people to get this if you already have the original. On the other hand, it is a more faithful reproduction. I just wish that they'd used better quality plastic.

And a gratuitous shot of my Changeables. Well, my daughter's Changeables (I gave my Changeables collection to her a few years ago, thankfully she's kept them

Great comparison pics Gok!