BLACKWIDOW (Blackarachnia)
Series - Masterpiece
Sub-line - N/A
Size/class - N/A
Released here - no (JP release late November 2019)
Approximate Retail Price - 15,000JPY (205AUD)
Approximate Size - 15cm
Allegiance - Destron (Predacon)
Alt-mode - black widow spider (Lactrodectus)
Main Features/Gimmicks - Beast Wars cartoon likeness, detachable spider legs, see "Main Accessories."
Main Colours - black, gold, bronze
Main Accessories - smiling face, screaming face, visor, visor cable, missile, missile with string, cord, base, arm, spider web, robot mode spider web connector, spider mode spider web connector

PROS
+ As with many MPs, this toy looks like Blackarachnia just jumped out of the TV and became real. The visual screen likeness especially in robot mode is nothing short of spectacular.
+ They've done a really impressive job in making Blackarachnia fairly proportionately accurate in both beast and robot modes. The spider mode has the large bulbous body, and the robot mode has the hour-glass feminine figure.
+ The paint apps and overall visual look of this toy is quite stunning.
+ Robot mode has 26 points of articulation. Beast mode has articulated spider legs (each leg has 2 points), and the beast head and pedipalps are also articulated!
+ The anchor gimmick on the stringed missile works pretty well! (see pic below of the suspended in mid air; there was no modification or assistance given to hold that toy in place)

CONS
- A lot of the robot parts are visible in beast mode.
- The detachable spider legs detach a bit too easily for my liking. They are prone to accidentally falling out.
- Beast mode legs struggle to hold the toy aloft and is prone to belly flopping.

OVERALL
This toy is truly deserving of being called a masterpiece with no unforgivable flaws. This was always going to be a massive design challenge and I think that TakaraTOMY have really done well in trying to give us a toy that is both screen accurate as well as being intuitive and enjoyable to play with. Yes, a lot of the robot mode is visible in beast mode, but what more can you do other than making this toy a shellformer (which would compromise the look of the robot)? I do wish that they would have dispensed with the detachable leg gimmick as I find it more of a nuisance than something fun. In all, this is an excellent figure. And if you look at my previous BW MP reviews, you'll know that I don't easily give praise to Beast Wars MPs, but I have nothing much but praise for Black Widow here. Highly recommended.

SHUT UP AND SHOW US PICS

[img]https://i.ibb.co/gDVhkFx/mp-blackwidow-robotmode08a.jpg[/img
]