• Only if something else

0 0%
  • Only if cheaper

6 40.00%
  • I want to view the poll results

1 6.67%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - MP-45 Bumble ver.2.0

I?ll wait for a bargain bin price of $100...max. Bumblebee 1.0 will do for now.

Good write-up. It's pretty impressive that TakaraTOMY managed to get that robot mode shape out of the Beetle, even if it ended up with a large, ungainly backpack and heels as a result. Now MP-21 looks overly rotund or tubby in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Bumblebee
    The sticker sheet comes with hearts you can place over the Autobot symbol so the numberplate says "I heart/love NY". I assume it was done this way to get around some copyright issue like with Masterpiece Ratchet's red cross symbols.
    You're right. It turns out that the phrase and logo "I love NY" is trademarked by the New York State Department of Economic Development.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    I?ll wait for a bargain bin price of $100...max.
    Fair. I like him, but he's not worth $170. Even I voted "only if cheaper" on the poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    You're right. It turns out that the phrase and logo "I love NY" is trademarked by the New York State Department of Economic Development.
    Thanks for clearing that up!
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Few things that are plus for me. Colour, right paint as you can see from comparison old bee is way off imo < and is my opinion, I know some didn't cared, but my ocd for colour just bugged me from since it was release.
    Pose for new bee looks a lot better.

Negatives: a bit messy, dont care for figures especially faceless, never bothered to display or intend to use any.
    Price is definitely high

Verdict: only if cheaper. I compare this to Bandai's Hi metal range for same or larger toy figure and they dont price that high.

Mine arrived just before I had to fly out of town for a couple of days. Looking forward to have a play when I get home. I found that I liked MP-44 a lot more than I originally expected, so I have high hopes for this one.

Seeing the two MPs side by side it is so clear how much more this is a cartoon Bumblebee.

The original MP looks simply lifeless with a squat head next to the new one.

That said, I really like the real life accuracy and balance that the Hasui era MPs were going for so personally don't have an urge to get the new one unless it ends up being significantly cheaper.

If you didn't have either, I'd say go the new one, but my original is fine with me for the moment.

Be honest now, if the new MP was $100 delivered, how many of you would whistle a different tune?

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Be honest now, if the new MP was $100 delivered, how many of you would whistle a different tune?
    Ordered no issues at that price. I was willing to spend on mp44 because it was significantly an important figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    See my post at the top of this page

Dedicated to the people who really hate this guy.

And yes, the body is designed to come in half, it's not actually broken.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.