Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker *****SPOILER THREAD*****

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Kitty Fantastico View Post
    I figured something similar. My headcanon at the moment is (SNIP)
    Herein lies the problem. Good stories don't require the audience to fill in massive gaps.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Herein lies the problem. Good stories don't require the audience to fill in massive gaps.
    True.

But on the other hand, it led to Steve Palpatine, which is a name I'm legitimately proud of making up. So from a certain point of view...

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

https://youtu.be/hzG3m-ZW198

And for those who were questioning about Rey being Palpatine theory. Again it was in the list.

But on the other hand, it led to Steve Palpatine, which is a name I'm legitimately proud of making up. So from a certain point of view...
    I'd prefer Parker Payton Palpatine. Say that 10 times fast.

I figured something similar. My headcanon at the moment is that Palpatine created his son (who for want of a confirmed name I've decided was named Steve Palpatine)
    I was listening to the Weekly Planet review at the gym on Monday and they dubbed him Darren Palpatine, which almost caused me to drop a weight on my head.
    Last edited by SharkyMcShark; 25th December 2019 at 09:21 PM. Reason: none of your business?
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

So I feel like they should not make any Star Wars movies for a decade, to give people time to care about Star Wars again. It all feels very ho-hum at the moment.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    So I feel like they should not make any Star Wars movies for a decade, to give people time to care about Star Wars again. It all feels very ho-hum at the moment.
    It does, especially the generation comes with all the social justice agenda doesn't make the story any better.
    Its been said Lucas didn't even want to attend the launch as he is so ticked off with what has became.

If you think the original Star Wars or the prequel trilogy didn’t have a “social justice” agenda you are kidding yourself.

Also f-off with that rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    It does, especially the generation comes with all the social justice agenda doesn't make the story any better.
    Its been said Lucas didn't even want to attend the launch as he is so ticked off with what has became.
    Also agree with Lord_Zed. The original trilogy paved the way for so many special fx sequel spectaculars (e.g. the Batman trilogy, the Matrix trilogy, the Indiana Jones trilogy etc.) that the new high watermark is Marvel Studios rich body of work these days. I'm sorry to say that Star Wars is playing second fiddle these days but the decline originally started with The Phantom Menace.
    Last edited by shockNwave; 29th December 2019 at 11:04 AM.

Ok so I ended up watching episode 9 and in my opinion, as a movie, it’s a bit of a mess, and that’s probably because it feels like they tried to squeeze two movies in one, the first 30 minutes to an hour which played like an extremely weird sort of montage sequence probably could have been made into a movie on its own. It has a lot of interesting themes that could have been explored a lot better if they had the time to hash them out properly but I guess that was the way they tried to salvage the lack of continuity from episode VIII. Palpatine seemed forced in, again it could of worked if clues and hints were included in episode VIII. Rey being a Palpatine also was a bit of a roll my eyes moment. Throughout the whole thing I was left pondering whether JJ had seen the Memberberries episodes of South Park and was deliberately taking the piss. In the end, it was ok, but honestly the only thing I was left feeling was what could have been. There was clearly a lot of potential for this trilogy with great new characters and themes they tried to explore but the lack of a set plan for continuity throughout the 3 episodes seemed to have sucked any soul out of it.
    My wife asked me why I carry a gun?, I said "Decepticons"... She laughed, I laughed, the toaster laughed, I shot the toaster. It was a good day.