Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker *****SPOILER THREAD*****

Quote Originally Posted by G1Optimal View Post
    Theres a rumor that the movie was 3 hours
    I heard this as well. Apparently JJ's initial cut was 3 hours and 2 minutes and there were even rumours he wanted to split the movie into two parts, which would indicate a massive amount of footage was left out from the final version. He and Disney then agreed to a 2 hour and 37 minute cut, but Disney chopped it down further to 2 hours and 22 minutes without his knowledge. I can certainly understand he would feel betrayed and blindsided by this move considering he was the freaking director! I hope we get to see the 3-hour director's cut someday as that would do the film more justice (hopefully).

Here is my source, for what it's worth:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9ybXsZ1w5c
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Is hard to say nowadays as Disney is like king and owns everything. Would be great to see a JJ full cut version. Rian on the other hand refuses to do a cut and insist that the version release is perfect.

I dunno... it sounds like a retread of Release the Snyder Cut stuff that keeps circulating. Angry fans imagining that the perfect version of a flawed film exists and the evil studios aren't keeping from the true fans.

(But if it's confirmed that Poe and Finn kiss than I'm all for #releasetheJJcut)

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    I heard this as well. Apparently JJ's initial cut was 3 hours and 2 minutes and there were even rumours he wanted to split the movie into two parts, which would indicate a massive amount of footage was left out from the final version. He and Disney then agreed to a 2 hour and 37 minute cut, but Disney chopped it down further to 2 hours and 22 minutes without his knowledge. I can certainly understand he would feel betrayed and blindsided by this move considering he was the freaking director! I hope we get to see the 3-hour director's cut someday as that would do the film more justice (hopefully).

Here is my source, for what it's worth:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9ybXsZ1w5c

I hope so to.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I dunno... it sounds like a retread of Release the Snyder Cut stuff that keeps circulating. Angry fans imagining that the perfect version of a flawed film exists and the evil studios aren't keeping from the true fans.
    Haha! Well I doubt it will be a perfect film even if this 3 hour cut exists. I do however think that it will fix one of the biggest issues I have with it, which is the pacing.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.