Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WFC Quintesson Judgement 5-pack

Default WFC Quintesson Judgement 5-pack

If you want spoilers, Comicbook.Com has posted a reveal of a very interesting release. I wouldn't rush to judgement yet but never did I think we'd see some of these toys.

Note - this will be one of the items to be revealed later today by Hasbro America, but the website at that link appears to have been allowed to reveal this a little earlier.

The figure set includes Quintesson Judge, Prosecutor, Bailiff, Sharkticon, and Kranix from the classic 1986 film, Transformers: The Movie.
    The set is inspired by the scene in the film where the Quintesson Judge renders a verdict on the fate of Kranix (though the result is the same either way - "Feed him to the Sharkticons!"). The Quintesson Judge figure features a rotating head with five faces and can convert into cosmic cage mode in 14 steps. The Sharkticon figure converts in 12 steps and the Quintesson Bailiff converts in 14 steps. The Quintesson Prosecutor and Kranix figures don't transform, but Prosecutor does have an articulating neck and Kranix fits inside both Sharkticon’s mouth and Quintessons Judge’s alt mode cage. Accessories include a laser pistol, mace, and spear.

Hasbro will reveal the Transformers: Generations War for Cybertron Trilogy: Quintesson Pit of Judgement 5-Pack alongside several other new Transformers releases during the Hasbro Pulse Fan First Friday livestream, which takes place this Friday 7/17 at 9:30AM EST / 6:30AM PST.
    It will be available exclusively at HasbroPulse.com for $69.99 this September.
    Last edited by griffin; 17th July 2020 at 04:55 PM. Reason: added images and info

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Comicbook.Com has posted a reveal of a very interesting release.
    Shut up and take my money! Just take it, Hasbro.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Akky82 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

If you want spoilers, Comicbook.Com has posted a reveal of a very interesting release. I wouldn't rush to judgement yet but never did I think we'd see some of these toys.
    So we have official images now, and suffice to say, there goes any reason for me to grab the regular release voyager Quintesson.

Edit: https://news.tfw2005.com/2020/07/16/...nveiled-414846

Quote Originally Posted by Akky82 View Post
    So we have official images now, and suffice to say, there goes any reason for me to grab the regular release voyager Quintesson.

Edit: https://news.tfw2005.com/2020/07/16/...nveiled-414846
    I can't believe this pack isn't labelled "Studio Series". If there's going to be TFTM characters in Studio Series, as the store listings suggest, isn't this exactly what it they should look like? Movie characters complete with a backdrop? It makes me think that surely those SS TFTM listings are indeed going to be WFC toys (and maybe not in a SS box at all?)

I can't believe this pack isn't labelled "Studio Series". If there's going to be TFTM characters in Studio Series, as the store listings suggest, isn't this exactly what it they should look like? Movie characters complete with a backdrop? It makes me think that surely those SS TFTM listings are indeed going to be WFC toys (and maybe not in a SS box at all?)
    It even says "Inspired by The Transformers The Movie" so could easily have been Studio Series but looks like it's still seperate for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Akky82 View Post
    suffice to say, there goes any reason for me to grab the regular release voyager Quintesson.
    I plan on keeping this set sealed as it looks so good in the box with that backdrop, so I'll still grab the regular Quintesson release and like 3 Allicons.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

The Quintesson Judgment set is really cool, I love when they make dioramas like this and the executioner is quite cool. I wouldn’t mind picking up this as well as a few regular Quintessons Judges and Alicon.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

The Pit of Judgment looks awesome. But given the size of the packaging, its going to be expensive to try to ship to Australia. I really hope there?s a retailer who will pick it up. Don?t think I?d want to open it though, and risk spoiling the cardboard backdrop.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Just noting - this pack is one that Hasbro Australia are wanting to release here, but are still needing to secure the stock first. If Hasbro America give them some of the production run, it will be for EB Games and Mr Toys. As soon as I know that this is confirmed to be coming here, or confirmed that we weren't able to get it here, I'll let you all know.

It does feel like it would have been a good fit, but I think with the way that the Studio Series prides itself on being fairly accurate representations of their on-screen forms (aside from the occasional unavoidable kibble), the Quintesson Judge toy transforming into a holding cell, would have stood out from the rest of the toyline. Even the Allicon/Bailiff isn't accurate enough to the Allicons in the actual movie to be considered "Studio Series" level of accuracy.
    And the colours aren't right for the Sharkticon and the Bailiff (not that it stopped them releasing gold versions of Bumblebee in the Studio Series line, with dino cassette who weren't even in the live movies)... not to mention that the Bailiff is the wrong mould by using the Allicon mould, as the Bailiff in the Movie and cartoon series was not one of the Allicons.

There's a chance that they might still incorporate some of the WFC Quintessons into Studio Series with some remoulding, to save money by reusing the moulds. At the very least, we will probably see the two figurines again in Studio Series packaging (like we've seen them re-use some some existing live Movie toys in Studio Series already).

That's a surprisingly extensive retool for the Allicon/bailiff guy there.