Size/class - leader
    New/remould/redeco - new
    Wave - 3
    Released here - December 2019
    Approximate Retail Price - $72
    Approximate Size - 16.5cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode - locomotive, space shuttle
    Main Features/Gimmicks - coal-car converts to launch pad for the shuttle and splits into armour for the bot mode
    Main Colours - purple, dark grey, black
    Main Accessories - coal-car, 5 different weapons

Up until yesterday I was totally not planning to get this guy, but after seeing the figure in person thanks to DrLockdown I hurried to the Toymate below us and grabbed one for $72 (price matched with Myer).

The locomotive mode has quite a presence in person, especially with the additional coal-car. While it may be loaded with heaps of detail, make no mistake that this is unapologetically an Earth locomotive. Even the TR/Legend Astrotrain was more Cybertronian than this.

You can remove the top of the coal-car to load it up with whatever you like, or remove it entirely if you want Astrotrain to resemble his G1 counterpart more closely. The core locomotive doesn't rely on faux wheels, which does add some bulk to the sides but it is a nice touch.

The shuttle mode is the weakest of the three, the back looks unfinished to be honest. Goktimus Prime suggested they could have used the coal-car to help cover it.

Instead, the coal-car unfolds to become a launchpad. Not a bad way to use the extra plastic, but would have preferred Gok's suggestion.

Putting height aside, I think he is an improvement on his predecessor and fits in fine with his triplechanger buddies, although I do hope to see them updated at some point too.

Absolutely love the extra accessories they gave this guy, no doubt to help justify the leader price point considering the core figure is effectively a voyager. When armoured up he is ready to join in the War For Cybertron!

Overall thoughts. He is the most faithful GEEWUN style Astrotrain that we have had in Generations and his transformation is even quite similar to the G1 toy in some ways. If you want a more Cybertronian aesthetic then I would recommend his predecessor from TR/Legends, since the obviously-Earth locomotive really doesn't fit with Siege that well. I don't think it is worth the typical leader RRP of $90, but I am happy having paid $72 for him. Grab him if you see him on sale!
    Last edited by Tha_Phantom; 22nd December 2019 at 10:39 PM.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.