Thread: Siege Skywarp (but not)

Default Siege Skywarp (but not)

I don't know if this really qualifies as a 'custom' figure, but whatever, I'm quite pleased with the results of a couple of days and some pots of paint. Bite me, Amazon.

Still a few little spots of blue to fix up, but I'll get around to those in time. And yes, I did a clean paint job and then put the battle damage right back on - I'm the one person in the world who likes it (if not always the level of quality on it).

I did kind of do it the lazy way, no disassembly - in fact the whole reason Thundercracker (the one who's still Thundercracker) is posed like that is I used him to see which bits of the joints I'd need to paint and which I needn't bother about. I don't really play with these guys once I've done the obligatory transformation on getting them - and anyway even if I get the urge to transform a Seeker, there's two others around - so he just has to hold that one pose and that's all.

You repainted a siege Thundercracker as Skywarp, uh yeah it's a custom, didn't even realise it was one until I read the post. Excellent job

Thanks! I wasn't really sure how defined 'custom' is, whether it meant creating a new character, or at least swapping a few parts or something to make somebody who isn't actually on shelves already. I suppose he's technically 'Siege-G1 hybrid Skywarp', since I used the classic lilac. I like to think that means he's the character I (mistakenly, as it turned out) assumed Skywarp was, the teleport-spam ninja-assassin of the team (remember Nightcrawler at the beginning of X2? That, but robot), rather than, as I gather from tfwiki, a moron. (On a similar note, in my head Thundercracker's the unbending loyalist, the guy who'll keep fighting even when all the other Decepticons are dead and he's been shot through the torso half a dozen times already. At least I got Starscream's personality right...)

A custom usually means a modification e.g. part swap. The modification can be major a new figure scratch built from other toys or from the ground up or a minor mod, the aforementioned part swap or a simple repaint.

It doesn't have to be an original character, there's no hard fast rule and unless the custom is a commission your representation of an existing character can be a stealthy ninja if you want it to be

Happy customising !

Well done. It's hard to collect them all down here with their exclusivity. I remember starting making a custom Classics Thundercracker from a Starscream. Ended up giving up and buying the Henkei release and then Hasbros too lol

Yea custom can mean as much or as little as you want. It's just changing the original product in any way. Even removing the battle damage I'd consider customising.

That's amazing... it looks like a toy released by Hasbro, complete with the silver weathering effect.
    (and has a better purple than the WFC Skywarp)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    That's amazing... it looks like a toy released by Hasbro, complete with the silver weathering effect.
    (and has a better purple than the WFC Skywarp)
    The lavender really suits Skywarp so much more, and with the deep black instead of dark grey. Thundercracker usually gets messed up to, since he should have a sky blue, but the Siege one isn't too bad.

CW Leader Thundercracker on the other hand really drove me up the wall. So disappointing when they go for that weird murky dark blue trying to emulate the G1 figure.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust