Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reissue Gen1 Astrotrain at Walmart

I was hoping it would be the same colours as the Siege or 1985 toy version. Where did the white and black come from? Neither toy nor cartoon accurate. At least he's not orange, white and blue (if someone gave me the Platinum Astrotrain and Blitzwing set, I'd secretly give it away!). I'll pass and maybe get Siege Astro.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire View Post
    I was hoping it would be the same colours as the Siege or 1985 toy version. Where did the white and black come from? Neither toy nor cartoon accurate. At least he's not orange, white and blue (if someone gave me the Platinum Astrotrain and Blitzwing set, I'd secretly give it away!). I'll pass and maybe get Siege Astro.
    The black and white one is the original 1985 Japanese release.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

I was hoping it would be the same colours as the Siege or 1985 toy version.
    This reissue is the same colours as the 1985 toy that was released here by Hasbro. The main difference appears to be a darker shade of purple. We're talking about a different shade of the same colour here, not a change in colour as with previous reissues (although the TFC and CS reissues were based on a Japanese G1 variant; Japan had 2 versions in the 80s).

Besides, we still have our G1 Astrotrains to look at if you really prefer the original lighter purple (I think the darker purple looks nicer, but maybe that's just me). I don't know about yours, but the legs on my G1 Astrotrain has not aged well. They're really stiff and hard to pull out, and when I do manage to do it they're then too loose and won't lock out! Yeah, they're either too stiff or too loose, there's nothing in between. When I took this recent photo I literally stuck Blu-Tack behind the legs to get the toy to remain standing!

So I'm personally looking forward to getting this reissue and retiring my G1 as a display piece inside the reissue's box. My G1 Sandstorm also suffers from super loose legs too. Wouldn't mind getting a reissue of him.

Ah I didn't know about the Japanese black and white version. Sorry, I meant the 1985 toy catalog version for the West. He never got produced in that colour scheme originally I believe. Goktimus's Collector's edition on the right is the one for me! (but still too pink!)

Goktimus's Collector's edition on the right is the one for me! (but still too pink!)
    It is a lighter shade of purple compared to the actual prototype, but this was probably done to prevent idiots from trying to sell it as the actual prototype. You could just buy a loose reissue and custom paint it yourself it it really bothers you that much.

According to Robotkingdom in HK, the reissue Astrotrain toy that was released in December last year (just 3 months ago) is being reissued in the next week or two.

I'm thinking that it is probably just another shipment of units of the same production run to HK, as it would be too soon for a reissue (another production run), particularly of an non-iconic character. With the amount of time it would take to do a production run and ship them out, it would be more than 3 months, so it could just be a 3 month delay due to Chinese New Year and Covid-19.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    According to Robotkingdom in HK, the reissue Astrotrain toy that was released in December last year (just 3 months ago) is being reissued in the next week or two.
    Yet again, I love your work. I have a mate who was offering to pick up stuff when in the USA later this year and I had Astrotrain in mind. I'd resigned myself to the fact he isn't going to travel. I've just pre-ordered one.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Pre-ordered. Thanks!

One hundred dollarydoos with shipping. TOBIAS!!!

Man that stings. Going to have to cut down on Transformers purchases, though with nothing on the horizon for G1 reissues and G1 Masterpiece, that won't be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by danny-boy View Post
    Pre-ordered. Thanks!

One hundred dollarydoos with shipping. TOBIAS!!!

Man that stings. Going to have to cut down on Transformers purchases, though with nothing on the horizon for G1 reissues and G1 Masterpiece, that won't be a problem.
    Unfortunately all shipping to Australia is suspended, did you see that in RK's message posted today?
    Last edited by DaptoDog; 4th April 2020 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Unfortunately all shipping to Australia is suspended, did you say that in RK's message posted today?
    I did. I don't mind, I'm in no rush to actually GET mine.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister