6 19.35%
  • Not even interested

3 9.68%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Masterpiece Hound

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    God Binaltech Hound looks sexy. Masterpiece Hound is the most cartoony offering yet
    Another negative point about MP Hound is that there's no clearance beneath the car mode. It can't even roll on a flat surface, let alone go off road. Whereas BT Hound has loads of clearance and working suspension! In between taking comparison shots, I deliberately dropped BT Hound in Jeep mode onto the tiled floor and it bounced as it landed. I love how the shock absorbers on this toy actually absorb shock. BT Hound can roll off-road whereas MP Hound can't even roll on-road. Yeesh.

A few more pics...

The canopy/shield can hold most of Hound's accessories (just not the hologram stuff)

Unfortunately it makes the already heavy shield even heavier. There's no way that my MP Hound can hold this shield (couldn't even hold it properly when it wasn't storing anything, now it's got less than Buckley's)

Hound is actually taller than most of the other MP Cars.

Next to Henkei Hound.

"That's for bringing shame to my name!"

Mine hasn't arrived yet but in one online video it definitely rolls but the front wheels don't rotate as freely as the back ones.

Absolutely loving this guy! Transformation is complicated but intuitive and I was able to do it entirely without instructions. Looks awesome in both modes, with the only blemish for the bot mode being the neck hinge, but whatevs. Even though it references one G1 episode, I quite like the look of him with the canopy on the Jeep mode, although I kind of wish they had given us a cage for Ravage instead (referencing MTMTE). Really love the fact that his vehicle accessories (gas can, rear cannon and spare tire) can store in his feet for robot mode without needing to detach them, although you can detach them if you wish.
    He sure is expensive but now having it in hand I can see where the money goes. Highly recommend!

Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Anyone have a comparison of all the new Spike figures that have come with the recent Masterpieces - MP-44, MP-45 & MP-47 and how they compare as a whole to the previous "generation" of minifigures that we got with MP-10, MP-25 and MP-39?

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    Anyone have a comparison of all the new Spike figures that have come with the recent Masterpieces - MP-44, MP-45 & MP-47 and how they compare as a whole to the previous "generation" of minifigures that we got with MP-10, MP-25 and MP-39?

Here is MP45 and MP47 Spikes. As you can see the one that comes with Hound is much larger. I also did a comparison with MP44 and MP45 Spikes on the MP45 review thread

Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Thanks for all the pics. Can't wait to get my hands on this, looks amazing and fills a hole having never seen G1 Hound in the flesh. Also the inevitable toy repaint will be even better.

So....

Hounds busted in the box... the hinge for the "door" panel was cracked and a section floating loose in the tray.

HLJ asked if i could fix it, otherwise I'd have to return it to them.

Thoughts? anyone else got any breaks?

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    So....

Hounds busted in the box... the hinge for the "door" panel was cracked and a section floating loose in the tray.

That sucks. Unfortunately there is a significant number of people experiencing breakage, often out of the box (as indicated in this TFW poll).

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threa...-poll.1187110/

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    So....

So, just over a month later, and Hound #2 is here...

Not broken in the box this time.... and looks inspected and resealed.

Here goes.....

Mine appears to be fine and undamaged in the box but I admit I am now reluctant to transform it... :/