• No

6 19.35%
  • Not even interested

3 9.68%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Masterpiece Hound

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    So....

Hounds busted in the box... the hinge for the "door" panel was cracked and a section floating loose in the tray.

HLJ asked if i could fix it, otherwise I'd have to return it to them.

Thoughts? anyone else got any breaks?
    So, just over a month later, and Hound #2 is here...

Not broken in the box this time.... and looks inspected and resealed.

Here goes.....

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    So, just over a month later, and Hound #2 is here...

Not broken in the box this time.... and looks inspected and resealed.

Here goes.....
    Mine was not broken in the box however after only two transformations the same piece you describe broke on mine last night..."and all I can say is Arggggghhhhhh!!!!!!"

Dennis from OMP inspected mine so it arrived in good shape. Transformed it last night, oh boy these MP's are taking longer and longer to transform. Took care to avoid breakages, needed to use shock oil in one of the foot panel double hinges that was so tight (thanks to Trent for the expert advice). However, I'm pretty sure I can see early signs of a crack forming in the neck armature as is common. I tried loosening the screw in that area to relieve the pressure but couldn't turn it (same thing happened to me with MP-18+ Bluestreak's head). I'm guessing these are JIS screws and my Philips heads aren't working?

Anyway it's my first Hound and it looks great. But definitely not fun.

I bought a set of JIS screwdrivers here and managed to loosen the armature screw to reduce the stress. Fortunately the crack hasn't gotten any worse.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    I bought a set of JIS screwdrivers here and managed to loosen the armature screw to reduce the stress. Fortunately the crack hasn't gotten any worse.

After reading your posts, I've learned about JIS screws. I had a look at my Hound and sure enough, that part is cracked:

I took the missile launcher out altogether, and I've noticed that the part with the post is painted whereas the connecting parts that link to the missile launcher aren't. Note the different shades of green.

Now I'm contemplating taking some hobby sandpaper to that post to remove some paint and shave down its diameter a bit, so it won't be quite so snug in the slot.

No cracks in mine fortunately.

I'm...gonna put it down and never.touch.it.again.

Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    After reading your posts, I've learned about JIS screws. I had a look at my Hound and sure enough, that part is cracked:

I took the missile launcher out altogether, and I've noticed that the part with the post is painted whereas the connecting parts that link to the missile launcher aren't. Note the different shades of green.

Now I'm contemplating taking some hobby sandpaper to that post to remove some paint and shave down its diameter a bit, so it won't be quite so snug in the slot.
    That's a shame about the crack. I've read about the sanding the post fix on TFW also. I hope that works for you. If mine gets worse I might have to try it.

I've also read on there of people supergluing that crack with good results.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    That's a shame about the crack. I've read about the sanding the post fix on TFW also. I hope that works for you. If mine gets worse I might have to try it.

I've also read on there of people supergluing that crack with good results.
    Thanks - good to know that other users have tried sanding down the post. I'm also going to try applying glue to the crack (thinking of getting some paper with glue into the crack to apply it and minimise an unsightly drop on the crack), but rather than use superglue, I'm considering using hobby glue - the stuff that 'melts' the plastic it contacts so the pieces 'fuse'. Good idea? Bad idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Thanks - good to know that other users have tried sanding down the post. I'm also going to try applying glue to the crack (thinking of getting some paper with glue into the crack to apply it and minimise an unsightly drop on the crack), but rather than use superglue, I'm considering using hobby glue - the stuff that 'melts' the plastic it contacts so the pieces 'fuse'. Good idea? Bad idea?
    While I don't have any experience with hobby glue what you described seems reasonable. It seems like some others on TFW have also used a hobby glue of some sort from my scanning of the comments. Good luck!