Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 15 cm Hot Rod

Question 15 cm Hot Rod

I'm looking for a Hot Rod G1 authentic toy compatible with this scale, at a basic estimate, 14-15cms in height:

Preferably with a 5mm post grip so he can hold Firebolt as a Targetmaster should.

The toy can be either official or third party, either manufacturing source will be acceptable as long as the design specifications are quality and compatible.

And to be clear, Hot Rod, not Rodimus Prime.
    That apparently confused the internet a lot, which didn't know the difference between the two.

I could post few links to shops that might be able to help you find a 15cm hot rod but I don’t think griffin would appreciate it.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I just wanted the name of the toy, not an online retailer who sells it.
    If I knew the name of the one I want, then finding it would be reasonably easier then just trying to pick a Hot Rod out of the various assortments and getting Rodimus Prime by accident on top of that.

Honestly, unless the name of the store is "Savier's Toys", it's not worth knowing who they are.

* Titans Return Hot Rod
    * Transformers Legends LG45 Hot Rodimus (Takara Tomy version of Titans Return Hot Rod)

Case in point, the Legends LG45 isn't Hot Rod, that one is Rodimus Prime.
    Hence why the internet was getting confused a lot.

My mistake then . For the record, my reasoning for LG45 being a 'Hot Rod' figure is because it is a Japanese repaint of Titans Return 'Hot Rod'. It's the same toy with different paint. LG45 doesn't have the caravan and isn't referred to as 'Rodimus Convoy' (ie 'Rodimus Prime'). 'Hot Rod' is shown as 'Hot Rodimus' on Japanese packaging.

Well, the first difference is rather subtle, most people would miss it. Hot Rod is red, Rodimus is marone (a darker red).
    The next one is fairly noticeable though, Rodimus has black legs below the knee as compared to Hot Rod's legs which are red.

The caravan in itself is not always indicative of being Rodimus, just like Optimus without his trailer is still Optimus. I've seen some designs where Rodimus detaches from his caravan and his vehicle mode without it is identical to Hot Rod's. And in Transformers Animated, he has no caravan at all, yet is still identified as being Rodimus.

There?s also one of the many decos of classics/henkei hot rod if u don?t want a headmaster hot rod

LG45 Targetmaster Hot Rod.

Original photo credit: HobbySearch. Direct link to original image here.

Went with the Titans Returns Hot Rod in the end.
    But not planning to let him stay a Headmaster, I'll put this item in my next Shapeways order:
    Hot Rod head replacement (red)
    Then I'll mod him into being a regular Transformer without a headmaster unit.

Wondering if I can make any further changes so the head doesn't have to be disengaged when he transforms into car mode, but given his transformation mechanic doesn't really permit that, probably not possible unless a mod kit to replace his entire chest/engine section exists.

And it would be nice if I could find a way to get his spoiler wings more visible, that's the design flaw with this figure, his shoulders are so oversized, it hides the spoiler in mechanoid mode.