Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello and Greetings

Default Hello and Greetings

Oh, Oh, What's Occurring!

Just wanted to post a quick introduction. Hi I'm Ethel or in the real world I'm Chelsea haha, I'm a G1 Transformers Fan. Currently, I only own a few of the toys mostly third party stuff due to costs, but hopefully, I can remedy this in the future. Sadly my mother gave away my childhood Transformers toys which included Starscream G1, Soundwave G1, Hotspot G1, heaps of other stuff Thundercats, dolls, lego, and very sadly a complete Voltron. So I am now embracing my love again and decided to start collecting.

A little about me,

Favourite Transformers - Soundwave, the Seekers (Starscream, Thundercracker, and Skywarp), Astrotrain, Skyfire (Jetfire), Jazz, and Wheeljack. - I have a tendency to love the Decepticons.
    Favourite Cartoons - Transformers G1, Thundercats, M.A.S.K, She-Ra, and Punky Brewster
    Favourite Toy I have - Starscream third party one
    Favourite non-Transformers Characters - Cheetara and Wilykit

My greatest love is still the G1 Transformers, I watch a few of the newer ones on Netflix but didn't like them as much. Out of the movies I fell in love with Bumblebee because of the strong female human protagonist, Bee transforms into a VW Beatle, and it was tots 80's loved it.

So just wanted to say hello to everyone.....so now its time to "Roll Out"

Ethel (Chels)

Welcome Ethel,

It is great to have another member on the boards and I hope you enjoy yourself here.

Keep an eye on the sales yard because often some really good bargains come up and there are some really good people to deal with there as well.

Your watch list looks pretty similar to mine. In fact I have a mate we call Doggy because his real name is Brandon just like a certain pal of Punky Brewster.

Welcome Ethel and thanks for the thoughtful introduction. There are plenty of topics here to discuss. Best wishes for your collecting!

Hi ya, Thurmus and DaptoDog,

Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong.

Thank you for your warm welcomes. I'm very excited to have found this group. Thurmus I will watch out for the sales section. Recently I have been looking at the Siege toys and I picked up a Soundwave, as long as I keep him in bot mode his lovely but I am not sure what he transforms into.

I will definitely have a scout about on the forum thanks DaptoDog. There seems to be so much information here which is fantastic

Ethel

Welcome Ethel

I’m also a G1 soul who lost their childhood toys - TFs and MOTU - but not because of my parents, it was my own stupid fault.

The Siege line has so many great G1-esque toys, like Soundwave as you mentioned. Looks like the upcoming Earthrise will have plenty of similar.

Good to have you here!

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

You can build a throne with bayonets, but you can't sit on it for long. -Boris Yeltsin

мыслете наш он покой

Welcome to the forums. I used to love Punky Brewster as a kid too. Haven't thought about that show in decades! My mum also threw out all my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles so I know your pain!
    Last edited by Raider; 3rd February 2020 at 07:42 AM.

G'day and welcome. Soundwave indeed superior heh. Alot of us fall into the same category of parents giving away our toys. I honestly dunno what happened to most of mine. But over the years amassed a good collection that I'm proud of, and that's the main goal of collecting I reckon

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    Welcome Ethel

I’m also a G1 soul who lost their childhood toys - TFs and MOTU - but not because of my parents, it was my own stupid fault.

The Siege line has so many great G1-esque toys, like Soundwave as you mentioned. Looks like the upcoming Earthrise will have plenty of similar.

Good to have you here!
    Hi M-bot,

sorry for the late reply, Oh yes a bit of a bummer seems I am not alone in the lost 80s toys. I never really got into He-man, I was more of a She-ra girl. Do you think she can be counted in the MOTU line? I must watch He-man I'll probably love it.

Also, I just saw the Earthrise and wow, so excited to pick up Starscream, Cliffjumper, and Moist - haha Hoist (insert G1 humour)

thanks for the warm welcome, it is great to be apart of the forum.

Ethel

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    G'day and welcome. Soundwave indeed superior heh. Alot of us fall into the same category of parents giving away our toys. I honestly dunno what happened to most of mine. But over the years amassed a good collection that I'm proud of, and that's the main goal of collecting I reckon
    Hi 1AZRAEL1,

Soundwave was an amazing character, I always consider him to be far greater than Megatron and Starscream because he would always be at the cutting edge of communications. Tape deck syndrome haha.

Seems I am not alone with the parents giving away the toys. We need a time machine to go back and save those loved items.

Ethel