Thread: CW deluxe Rodimus

Default CW deluxe Rodimus

Finally used the last of the Sunstreaker molds I somehow accumulated.

Added the fins from a junker classics Rodimus spoiler, the exhaust pipes from a robot heroes Rodimus and the head and spoiler assembly from a spare classics Rodimus (sense a theme?).

I couldn't figure out a way to have the spoiler in car mode go on to his back in robot mode, so it is a parts former.

In bot mode, the spoiler assembly plugs in to the ports on the bonnet's underside. I haven't trimmed off the bracket in case in future I think of a better solution and want to restore classics Rodimus.

For this one I spraypainted the body and am really happy with how smooth it turned out. The highlights were hand painted.

The flame decal was hand drawn, cut out from toothpaste tube and glued on.

Once I get enough of a shopping list to justify the shipping price I may get a chest piece from Shapeways.

Well, I decided to restore classics Rodimus so kit-bashed a new one from leftover spoiler fins and a panel I found in my parts box. I think it might have been from a junker Optimus trailer.

It's a bit more streamlined now.

Not a fan of the Breakdown/Sunstreaker mould but that is a great execution of Hotrod.