• Only if cheap

1 100.00%
  • Only if (something else)

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

0 0%

Thread: Toy Review - Cyberverse Optimus Prime (Deluxe)

Default Toy Review - Cyberverse Optimus Prime (Deluxe)

OPTIMUS PRIME
    Series - Cyberverse
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 1
    Released here - ??
    Approximate Retail Price - $35
    Approximate Size - 13cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - Truck
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Blast effects
    Main Colours - red, blue
    Main Accessories - Rifle, blast effect pieces, Maccadam's right hand component

Overall thought: this is what the Warrior Class toy should have been. It's the same price point and the same age range (6+). Whereas the Warrior toy is thoroughly compromised by its gimmicks, this toy is not. The really high shoulders look weird, but it's otherwise a good enough Deluxe figure. I do really like how the rifle can be stowed on his back in both robot and truck modes. There's also a weird protruding piece at underneath the rifle butt which doesn't seem to do anything other than make it impossible to insert the gun handle all the way into the fist hole. Is meant to be a reference to the original G1 toy being unable to hold its rifle straight too? I don't know. As far as Deluxe toys go this one's just okay. Not amazing but not terrible either.

This is a huge step up over the previous Warrior toys. It still feels like a basic Transformer in many ways but like the best a basic Transformer could be. It’s a bit smaller than I expected but very poseable. Has a bit of an Animated feel in the styling. The conversion is straightforward but has a couple of bits of extra complexity that are nice touches. The Maccadam part, a firearm and hand, is rather small.

I’m not very interested in the rest of this current wave, but look forward to seeing what the next lot (Hot Rod, Arcee, Thunderhowl) look like.