Released here - ??
Approximate Retail Price - $35
Approximate Size - 13cm
Allegiance - Decepticon
Alt-mode - Truck
Main Features/Gimmicks - Blast effects
Main Colours - purple, grey
Main Accessories - Rifle, blast effect pieces, Maccadam's right leg component

Overall thought: this is what the Warrior Class toy should have been. It's the same price point and the same age range (6+). Although Shockwave was the best of the Warriors, that's still not saying much. This is a pretty well designed toy given the cartoon design that it's based off. They've made numerous improvements over the Warrior including a more complex yet intuitive transformation, as well as superior articulation. While Warrior Shockwave's gimmick was the least intrusive, this Deluxe that's unburdened by a built-in gimmick is just so much better. The "angry" face (which really bothered me on the Warrior) is gone, replaced by a more G1-like neutral face, which far better suits his emotionless persona. This toy also gives you the option to give Shockwave two hands or one, and you can make either the left or right hand as the gun arm. There is also a hose that connects the backpack to the gun arm, which is a really neat nod to the G1 toy, but it's also removable should you just not care for it or find it cumbersome. It's obviously not powering an electronic gimmick so it's completely superfluous to this toy. Deluxe Shockwave also comes with a rifle. His hose can also connect to either weapon. His blast effect pieces can attach to either weapon or to his cycloptic eye. Given that Cyberverse Shockwave would have the most inherently simplistic transformation, they've packed in a surprising higher amount of play features into this toy, making it more worth the Deluxe price point. I would still rate Fall of Cybertron Shockwave as the best Deluxe Shockwave so far, but this toy is still pretty good in its own right. I get that the crab tank alt mode isn't everyone's cube of Energon, but if you can get over that then this is a pretty neat figure. And at least being a crab tank makes him more distinctive from Megatron.