Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Two New Transformers Movies To Be Produced Simultaneously: Bb2 And… Beast WarS

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Elsewhere mate. On some of the US sites and some certain very g1'centric facebook pages. And certain places on Twitter of course. When Raider said 'we are an optimistic bunch aren't we' he was referring to the fandom in general.

OzF tends for the most part to be a lot more chilled out than a lot of other TF sites on the whole, thankfully. It's why so many of us stick around so long
    You just get me don't you

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Elsewhere mate. On some of the US sites and some certain very g1'centric facebook pages. And certain places on Twitter of course. When Raider said 'we are an optimistic bunch aren't we' he was referring to the fandom in general.
    Had a feeling that was the case. In my circles I've mostly seen a lot of excitement. Disappointing to hear there is negativity elsewhere, but can't say I'm too surprised either.

Cheers for clearing that up guys.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Some (alleged) concept art has surfaced, of Cheetor, which looks to be part of the pitch to have a Beast Wars film be financed... but as we know about a year later, the next Transformers movie to be green-lit was a sequel to the Bumblebee Movie.

The design may well be completely different to what could have ended up on screen if the project had gone ahead, but it has hints of similarity to the beasts on Lockdown's spaceship in The Age of Extinction film... so it could have been intended to look like it would fit within the Bay-verse.

This is one reason why I'm not too keen to see a big budget Beast Wars movie, because just like the Bay-verse movies, I know that it will look nothing like anything we know and love most about Beast Wars (toyline & cartoon), except maybe have several names and beast-modes that may not look anything like their classic beast-modes. We saw how bizarre and unusual the Bay-verse movies took the concept of Transformers (things like Alice in TF2 and the block-formers of AOE), and if 100+ million dollars are on the line, the movie producers will go crazy, and not want a movie that looks like a 1996 kids cartoon... which is what I think BW fans like me, who lived through the 90s BW era, would be preferring to see, to get that warm fuzzy feelings of the original Beast Wars (like how it felt to me during some of the 2007 Movie, seeing and *hearing* a real life Optimus Prime in action).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Some (alleged) concept art has surfaced, of Cheetor, which looks to be part of the pitch to have a Beast Wars film be financed... but as we know about a year later, the next Transformers movie to be green-lit was a sequel to the Bumblebee Movie.

The design may well be completely different to what could have ended up on screen if the project had gone ahead, but it has hints of similarity to the beasts on Lockdown's spaceship in The Age of Extinction film... so it could have been intended to look like it would fit within the Bay-verse.

This is one reason why I'm not too keen to see a big budget Beast Wars movie, because just like the Bay-verse movies, I know that it will look nothing like anything we know and love most about Beast Wars (toyline & cartoon), except maybe have several names and beast-modes that may not look anything like their classic beast-modes. We saw how bizarre and unusual the Bay-verse movies took the concept of Transformers (things like Alice in TF2 and the block-formers of AOE), and if 100+ million dollars are on the line, the movie producers will go crazy, and not want a movie that looks like a 1996 kids cartoon... which is what I think BW fans like me, who lived through the 90s BW era, would be preferring to see, to get that warm fuzzy feelings of the original Beast Wars (like how it felt to me during some of the 2007 Movie, seeing and *hearing* a real life Optimus Prime in action).
    It's interesting, because it is visually consistent with the design aesthetic that had been chosen for the Paramount films. However it lacks any call backs to what made the BW characters distinct. At least the first Paramount films had Hasbro working alongside the modellers to ensure some visually distinct elements - Prime's red chest windows, Bumblebee's horns, etc - so that while visually unique they were still clearly the characters they were calling from. There's nothing in that concept art that calls back to any of the original Cheetors apart from it being a cheetah.

This is probably not true, as the source of the original article is an anonymous source, claimed to be from the Studio... but could be anyone claiming to be in the know making assumptions from what we already know.
    Anyways, the claim is that the next Transformers movie will be in the Bumblebee Movie universe, set in the 1990s, with a Beast Wars theme... called Beast Alliance.

It sounds like a merging of the two possible future Transformers Movie projects, which to me sounds more like fan speculation, rather than something legit... but we'll wait and see if Paramount or Hasbro come out with something official soon, as the next movie is already in early planning, and I would expect there to be publicity on it as soon as possible by Hasbro... probably for what was going to be the New York Toyfair, before it was cancelled.

Looks like the "Beast Alliance" Movie could be real, as a more reliable source has noted a production call has been announced for this movie project.

This still could end up being the Bumblebee Movie sequel, merging a Beast Wars theme into it... kinda like the final Michael Bay movie merging together 2 or 3 story ideas that the "writers room" came up with (which some would say, resulted in a confusing mess by not focussing on just one story idea).