Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Two New Transformers Movies To Be Produced Simultaneously: Bb2 And… Beast WarS

Default Two New Transformers Movies To Be Produced Simultaneously: Bb2 And… Beast WarS

Apparently two movies are planned bumblebee2 and beast wars
    https://news.tfw2005.com/2020/01/27/two-new-transformers-movies-to-be-produced-simultaneously-404274

Entertainment news site Variety is reporting a wonderful news for the Transformers Live Action Movie fans. According to the news, two brand new movies are being penned; to be produced simultaneously.
    Written by James Vanderbilt and Joby Harold, the sources say they present an opportunity build out multiple storylines within the franchise.
    Paramount is currently seeking out directors and a fresh new cast for the movies. The studio is looking to revamp the movie franchise.
    James Vanderbilt was the script writer for The Amazing Spider-Man 1 and 2 as well as Zodiac.
    Joby Harold is best known for his work on King Arthur: Legend of the Sword and he is currently working on the script for DC Universe’s The Flash.
    Update: Deadline denotes that one movie will continue the story from Transformers: Bumblebee while the other will focus on Beast Wars.
    Edit thanks griffin
    Last edited by G1Optimal; 29th January 2020 at 01:16 PM.

Trukk not munky.
    Munky not trukk.

Por que no los dos
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

I can see the only real issue being the names. People not that familiar with the franchise might wonder why ‘Optimus’ and ‘Megatron’ are now animals. I suppose they could just refer to one as ‘Primal’, don’t know what they would do about the other unless they make sure they explain early on in the flick their names are in homage to their forbearers.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I can see the only real issue being the names. People not that familiar with the franchise might wonder why ‘Optimus’ and ‘Megatron’ are now animals. I suppose they could just refer to one as ‘Primal’, don’t know what they would do about the other unless they make sure they explain early on in the flick their names are in homage to their forbearers.
    It's gonna be 1996 all over again, y'all! Yeeeehaaaaa!

Havnt we already had 13 years of Beast Wars?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    It's gonna be 1996 all over again, y'all! Yeeeehaaaaa!
    It’s gonna be 2007 again. If it’s not 100% the cartoon fans are going to be angry. “It’s set on modern day earth? They morph instead of transform? The leader of the bad guys isn’t called Megatron? They are ruining my childhood.”

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    It’s gonna be 2007 again. If it’s not 100% the cartoon fans are going to be angry. “It’s set on modern day earth? They morph instead of transform? The leader of the bad guys isn’t called Megatron? They are ruining my childhood.”
    Can't wait! Nothing like reading posts from 45 year old G1'ers bemoaning the fact that mumsie isn't wiping their bums & feeding them Coco Pops.

Anyone who's expecting this to be a rehash of the BW cartoon is in for a big disappointment. No doubt it will have Easter eggs, but expect it to mostly be its own story.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Anyone who's expecting this to be a rehash of the BW cartoon is in for a big disappointment. No doubt it will have Easter eggs, but expect it to mostly be its own story.
    Wait.

You’re telling me that the movie’s Big Bad might NOT be a purple T-Rex that speaks in a highly sophisticated way? Then surely it’s going to be the brown and purple VTOL equipped rollerblading T-Rex???

And what about the hover boarding primate?

Do you even Beast Wars bro?
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Wait.

You’re telling me that the movie’s Big Bad might NOT be a purple T-Rex that speaks in a highly sophisticated way? Then surely it’s going to be the brown and purple VTOL equipped rollerblading T-Rex???
    Well, let's just say I'm highly skeptical given how not-G1 the last ten years of Bayververse were. Not saying that's a bad thing either. I'm fine with them reimagining the characters and story, so long as it is a good story.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.