Thread: Display Ideas tips

Default Display Ideas tips

Dear all,

Just thinking more and more recently about my display options for Transformers and other figurines (toys). I did see the toy clam-shell (protect car blisters) used by many toys collectors to keep the dust off there toys. But I cannot find these easily in Australia Amazon/eBay. Does anyone know where you can locate these blisters at reasonable cost?

Can we start a new thread about tips and tricks to display, possibly clean, and preserve Transformers and other toys?

thanks c:

Unfortunately I've never seen what you're describing but IKEA does sell museum/display cases

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    Unfortunately I've never seen what you're describing but IKEA does sell museum/display cases
    Oh, I do like this box cube thing. I live in a rental - share house with 5 other university students it's the opposite of dust-free. I try to leave my newer Transformers in the box on the shelf but I want to display some of the others but dusting them is annoying and I am trying to keep them all nice.

I have seen these people on youtube with Star Wars figures using blister packs they just stick the loose ones in there for safeguarding. Also, seen people cleaning and using like car dash-board low sheen on He-man Star Wars figures to keep them from becoming sticky.

The sticky plastic syndrome scares me, it happened to a watch I left in the box, pulled it out and it was all sticky 8 years after I bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethel_Hallow View Post
    Oh, I do like this box cube thing. I live in a rental - share house with 5 other university students it's the opposite of dust-free. I try to leave my newer Transformers in the box on the shelf but I want to display some of the others but dusting them is annoying and I am trying to keep them all nice.

I have seen these people on youtube with Star Wars figures using blister packs they just stick the loose ones in there for safeguarding. Also, seen people cleaning and using like car dash-board low sheen on He-man Star Wars figures to keep them from becoming sticky.

The sticky plastic syndrome scares me, it happened to a watch I left in the box, pulled it out and it was all sticky 8 years after I bought it.
    Certain plastic touching other plastic will help it deteriate faster.

Have a look at stores like Daiso or Miniso
    They sell these little case things -think model car displays- of varying shapes and sizes that'll help create a closed little environment for your figures. That may help

Hi, do you mean stuff like this?

https://www.collectingwarehouse.com/...-Display-Cases

I haven’t seen anywhere in Australia that makes these.

It might be worth asking in toy collector groups on fb with higher traffic like Oznerd and Australian Toy Collectors? It seems like something Star Wars collectors might be more familiar with.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    I hope one day they make them 90mm higher
    I suspect , unite warriors computron will not fit as the guns on strafe and the front wheels on after burner will not fit with the current height

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    That's the style ones, they look fab with like He-man and stuff in them on a shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Certain plastic touching other plastic will help it deteriate faster.
    I need to fully investigate this. I am a little OCD, after a Britney Spears (why I bought it I don't know haha) it was in the box for years never used and it suffered sticky plastic syndrome, since then I been so worried.